Can You name this Plane?

Started by Leigh, May 15, 2005, 01:35:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Exactly JHM - it was intended as a HUGE compliment

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Leigh

QuoteExactly JHM - it was intended as a HUGE compliment

Chris
Excuse me, my boo boo and I am honoured by your kind sentiments, I suffer from screwed perception sometimes.

So we have paint but my beloved MisterKit acrylics pooled up some. I think my impatience led me to try and get too much coverage at once. Anyway all can be fixed and hopefully colour no. three tomorrow.

I invite all and any criticism, except about Eric The Dog, it's not his fault he's stupid

Leigh's Models

Eddie M.

Looking great! how long did it take you to do that instrument panel? Very impressive. B)
   Eddie
Look behind you!

Leigh

Eddie the instrument panels took about ten minutes, just pencilled some little circles, squares etc on some paper filled in the gaps, dabbed a few times with coloured pens, trim to fit, white glue in and voila.

Right still relatively inexperienced with airbrushing and also having an incredibly short memory I'd forgotten that Misterkit paints are pretty much gloss so the need to be treated as such. Ie alot of mist coats rather than trying to cover all at once. Also this was the first time I'd used them with a light colour. Anyways it dried fine and also forgot I like the uneveness of the coverage 'cos it gives it a subtle weathered effect deleting the need for postshading.

Colour number three went on today, and is actually more sandy than the orange it appears in the pic. Last colour tomorrow hopefully

I invite all and any criticism, except about Eric The Dog, it's not his fault he's stupid

Leigh's Models

John Howling Mouse

Aw man, it's positively embarrassing how giddy I'm getting over this model of yours, Leigh!   :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

This is going to be so outstanding and yet totally believable.  Love the paint!

Is that the regular T-28 canopy on there?  Crap----you guys were right about just using that instead of handsculpting a vac-formed master pattern for my own "long canopy" needs.
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

lancer

Leigh, that bird is looking beautiful matey, can't wait to see the finished product....
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Leigh

Is that the regular T-28 canopy on there?  Crap----you guys were right about just using that instead of handsculpting a vac-formed master pattern for my own "long canopy" needs.
Yes it is, I bought the Squadron Vac-Formed one but it's really designed to be in the open three part position and I thought that would ruin the lines it's your's if you want it Baz?

Right paintings done, got the weekend for decaling, weathering and fiddly bits, so this is yer lot till it's finished and posted as an entry. You should be able to figure out who's service its in, I shose the scheme because it's pretty damn distinctive.

Leigh's Models

John Howling Mouse

QuoteBarry san;

You have been slacking off again and diverting your efforts in too many directions, get back on track and finish that damned TF-51!   <_<

Yeah, true, I've been slacking and spending way too much time here on the forum but-but-but just LOOK at Leigh's model, man!

You can't blame me for living vicariously through the thrills of other's achievements when they are this stunning.

With all the latest "entries" around here, I'm having trouble sleeping at night.

Okay, okay, back to the workbench.  I've got a TF-51 Cowl to mold and cast.

Leigh: I am misunderstanding----do you have the Monogram T-28 canopy left or the vac-formed one?  I think I have the Falcon one since somebody here (Jeffry) told me to get it.

Oh, I have some Monogram Trojans, too.  D'oh  :dum:

(but thanks for the kind offer)

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Eddie M.

I'm really diggin' that paint scheme. B) Lookin' forward to see how it turns out. I think this will give me the motivation to start back to work on at least one of my projects. I'm in brain vapor lock right now.  :dum:
  Eddie
Look behind you!

cthulhu77

Gotta love that bright and stunning camo!!!!  Hats off !!!
:cheers:  
         greg

lancer

LOVE the cammo!!. How the heck do you blokes manage to get such brilliant 3 colour schemes????. I don't hjave a bloody clue how to pull it off, my to my embarresment.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

nev

Oh yeah!!!  She's really starting to look the part now!  :wub:  :wub:

Although, say it quietly, [size=8]I actually kinda liked the first grey "ghost" camo[/size]  Guess you'll have to build another one now  ;)  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Mike Wren

:D  that's looking great Leigh, love the camo colours  :wub:  

NARSES2

That camo job is fantastic Leigh

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Sisko

WOW love that Camo Job :wub:  :wub:

Can't wait to see it finished
Get this Cheese to sick bay!