Can You name this Plane?

Started by Leigh, May 15, 2005, 01:35:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SinUnNombre

Oh man that is freakin' nice! I love the camo scheme. And its crazy how well the cowl and fuselage fit together. Can I just say again how great that camo looks? Can't wait to see it finished. Later.

Jon

Leigh

Oh the last minute woes! Hoping to finish it last night, managed to overspray the prop white while I was spraying rockets whith a very old and dodgy can of gloss white that jut sputtered out great globules in every direction except the one it was pointed.
Pulled the canopy masking off only to find dust and shavings all over the inside. I think when I drilled for the nose gear the shavings fell inside and two beautiful little spirals of styrene wedged themselves between the black intstrument cover and the front screen in a very prominent position. No amount of shaking and tapping would dislodge them so off came the canopy.
Then I come home today to find that beautiful engine cowling which still isn't glued on had fallen off into the little tub of soapy water I'd used to clean the canopy. Resulting in a wierd cloudyness and the decals curling off, looks milky like future does when you wipe alcohol on it or you give it a second coat. Maybe it is the future except there's two washes and two dullcoats on top of that, so I've brushed future on it again and hopefully that will work.
And there wasn't enough clearance for that giant prop "DOH" so rather than have her as an elaborate piece of farm equipment i had to trim the prop.
She will be finished tonight and posted tomorrow for the deadline.

I invite all and any criticism, except about Eric The Dog, it's not his fault he's stupid

Leigh's Models

John Howling Mouse

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!![/size]

Aw crap, you sure this isn't one of MY models?!?!
Sounds waaaaay too familiar!

You'll turn it around. repaint the cowl if need be.

As for the crap inside the canopy, I have found that a very high charge of static (i.e. from one of those dustbuster wands that you rub with a towel to attract and hold dust) will sometimes REPEL static-clinging crap on the inside of a canopy.
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

nev

QuoteNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!![/size]

what he said  :(  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Leigh

It occured to me that I should probably post a pic of the finished article on this thread, so here it is. The colours are RAF Sky type S, Red Earth, and RLM Black green, had to figure this out from a picture I found of a Bolivian T-33 couldn't actually find proper reference so i just guessed. Decals are an aeromaster T-33 sheet.

I invite all and any criticism, except about Eric The Dog, it's not his fault he's stupid

Leigh's Models

Leigh

And I've also found out that pic's come out alot clearer if i use Photobucket.com 'cos i don't have to reduce them.

Leigh's Models

John Howling Mouse

What the-----?   :o

Where'd the finished product come from so suddenly?!

GOOD JOB, MAN!

I'm so thrilled with this baby.  What an exciting scheme and is this ever going to look cool next to an "ordinary" P-47 or T-28, etc.

Are you still going to shorten the length of the prop blades?

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Leigh

I did shorten the blades, they clear not by much. The day I took the pics it was quite breezy and at times the prop was actually spinning, couldn't mange to get a pic though.

Leigh's Models

Captain Canada

Great stuff, Leigh !

That last pic almost looks real...just need a few tips from Matrix, and you'd have me fooled !

But I gotta say. looking abck thru the thread, after your first few coats, when she was kinda greeny grey, man, that was sharp ! Any chance of building another in that scheme alone ?

Pleae ?

:P  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Eddie M.

Very Sweet! Sorry to hear of your woes during the final construction( you could have been talking about everyone of my builds),but it looks like you rebounded very well. I think the prop looks cool trimmed. Excellent job and thanks for sharing with us. B)
  Eddie

Look behind you!

Leigh

But I gotta say. looking abck thru the thread, after your first few coats, when she was kinda greeny grey, man, that was sharp ! Any chance of building another in that scheme alone ?

:P
Yeah I'll get right on that  <_< , oh wait let me just strip the paint off this one :angry:

Nah it is pretty cool, Walmart equipment grey primer and RAF sky type S.
Doubt you'll see another Trojan from me, I do have some Brazilian decals left from the sheet maybe a Skyraider or a Mustang? Trouble is I don't have alot of 1/48 models, though i'm sure i'll end up with some from a job lot I buy on EBay, I think that's how I got this one, came with a Rotodyne.
Or in 1/72 I've got a Eurofighter that might look cool like that, and a spare Spitfire XIX?

Leigh's Models