EA-71, FAStWAC

Started by cthulhu77, May 20, 2005, 01:57:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nev

The clutter would drive me mad, and as for that painting, its just plain scary!  :blink:  :unsure:  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

lancer

My modelling space isn't that much bigger, and I seem to do all right. I guess it's all about managing your projects, but then I do only build one at a time..
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

cthulhu77

Heheheh...first off, thanks Ian...yeah, it is kind of a tip of the hat to those great bits of conceptual artwork that cropped up.

But,  I have to admit, what appears to be clutter to you is an organized hive to me !  I know where everything is, and it is always within reach, so the system works out well for me.  Also, I have a large shop in addition to a studio as well...so there is somewhere around 800 sq. feet of area for me to work in at any given time...(as long as there aren't too many paintings in the way)  which also brings up the next subject...yep, most of my paintings are of surreal/horror content...heck, I don't always like them either, but they pay the bills! (the one above my desk I actually do like..._

And Lancer, I agree...it's all about how you USE the space, right???

greg

I have the cooler running in the exterior studio right now, trying to get below three digits...then some more bondo !

cthulhu77

The front intakes have been styrened in, and are just  about ready for the screens (similar to the 117's)...the bottom angle was a bit of a bugger (four convex curves meeting at a straight line)

Gary

Dang that's cool!  
Getting back into modeling

Captain Canada

That really is starting to look neat ! Keep the in-progress pics a comin' !

:wub:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

John Howling Mouse

Even while sitting still, she looks like she's screaming at Mach SIX!!!!  
:wub:  :wub:  :wub:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

cthulhu77

thanks!!!  Always nice to know that it looks good...

started scratching the pylons for the custom radar platform...

proditor

That is sooo sweet.   :wub:  

retro_seventies

can't wait  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  
"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

John Howling Mouse

Hey is that Goldex ™ gel medium in that last shot?
The stuff we use to prime canvas for painting?
What do you use that for: thin-gap filling?

Or have I just inhaled too many fumes today???

:wacko:  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

NARSES2

QuoteHey is that Goldex ™ gel medium in that last shot?
The stuff we use to prime canvas for painting?
What do you use that for: thin-gap filling?
:
You use Kosher pickles to "fix" canvas with ?

Seriously looking good though

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

cthulhu77

LOL... the gel medium was used for my Kingfisher diorama (should be on MM soon) and the container was the only thing I had handy that was squat enough to hold the '71...the pickle jar is filled with my "Future"  mix for canopies...
 Did finalize the backstory and name for the aircraft yesterday...am now calling it the EA-71 Whippoorwill.  It fits into the HPL universe theme quite well, just read the Dunwhich Horror, and you will see what I mean...

'nother pic coming later today.

greg

Gary

Ahhh, Houston.... We have a the thing I'm not allowed to say.
Getting back into modeling

cthulhu77

Cut out the intakes for the screens...nervewracking!  
    time to settle back, drink a beer, and take a pic of the mockup: