EA-71, FAStWAC

Started by cthulhu77, May 20, 2005, 01:57:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cthulhu77

and a shot from the top...the radar dish was made from bondo, poured into a mold made from a pringle's chip can...lots of sanding !!!

you can see the new flaperons on the mat there...made those out of 1/8th lexan...

NARSES2

She's really looking the business now
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

cthulhu77

cthulhu77

after a series of failures at making molded screens for the intakes, vaccing, etc...I decided to foam the nacelles, and then bondo the interior to a flat intake, which will accept screens...those curves are driving me nuts!

cthulhu77

iiiitttttt's baaaaacccckkk:   after a delay, finally figured out what to do with the engine intakes, tomorrow...perhaps some airbrushing???

John Howling Mouse

Well, it's about bloody time!    :P  (this from the lazy arse who's provided no updates of his OWN for past month or so... <_< )

Can't wait to see it painted.

:wub:  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Davey B

WOAH!  :o

Lookin' good, dude!

Patrick H

:o  :o
looking great, now get on with the painting and show us more
:P

My webpage

The engines spit out fire, I'm pushed back in my chair
The pressure gives me thrills as we climb in the air

cthulhu77

first bit of final painting...going to be a lot of buffing to go !!!  Went with a three colour Alaskan camo...striking, isn't it ???

SinUnNombre

I definitely need a tissue after seeing that! The alaskan camo just looks so right on that bird. And I love what you did with the intakes, too. Great work, and I can't wait to see her all buttoned up. Later.

Jon

cthulhu77

Thanks!  Note to self:  do NOT leave clear tape over clear parts as masking for over one month...I just spent the last hour or so cleaning gunk off of the windows!!!!    What an idiot !

greg

SinUnNombre

No problem, Greg. I wonder what a 117 would look like painted in those colors??? ;) Hmm, new project for the bench? I think so.

Jon

Eddie M.

Very eye catching. B)I'm at a loss for words. I really like that scheme you got there. Very nice. :)
  Eddie  
Look behind you!

Patrick H

only one word for that : supperb.

Patrick
My webpage

The engines spit out fire, I'm pushed back in my chair
The pressure gives me thrills as we climb in the air

cthulhu77

QuoteNo problem, Greg. I wonder what a 117 would look like painted in those colors??? ;) Hmm, new project for the bench? I think so.

Jon
The second Have Blue was painted with a three tone...so you actually can keep the JMN's off your back :

Thanks all, glad you like it !  My wife said it looked like a SR-71 that Austin Powers would have flown...had to chuckle at that.  Peace signs and a few flowers?

greg