Alvis Petrie's Gallery Page

Started by John Howling Mouse, May 21, 2005, 01:19:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Howling Mouse

Don't know if this has been linked here before or not.
At any rate, time for a refresher!

Love this stuff, Alvis.

http://www.vsm.bc.ca/Gal/members_pages/Alv...vis_Petrie.html

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

nev

Just proves what we already knew, Alvis is a genius  :D  Not seen that 1.32 Trumpeter kit before either  :lol:  :lol:

And looks like the great man has beaten you to the Stuka on floats Baz  :tornado:  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

John Howling Mouse

QuoteJust proves what we already knew, Alvis is a genius  :D  Not seen that 1.32 Trumpeter kit before either  :lol:  :lol:

And looks like the great man has beaten you to the Stuka on floats Baz  :tornado:
Yep, but my question still remains: did the Germans ever actually put a Stuka on floats???
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Radish

Looking at various references, such as the Squadron Signal In Action Book, and after doing a quick google, I can find no reference to a float-equipped Ju-87 other than on these pages.

Alvis did a twin-floater, I did a central float with outer tiny floats.
Why not try swapping the u/c of a Revell/Hasegawa 1/48th Ju-87 for a float u/c of a Tamiya 1/48th Seiran?

I used the single-float configuration as it needed minimal additions to the kit floats (Hasegawa Rufe) and the Hasegawa Rufe has the complete wing and u/c of the A6M-5 in the box, so I can do a Luftwaffe Zero with very little effort. Even better, I bought both kits at LESS than half price each at ScaleModelWorld 2003.

:wub:  
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Alvis 3.1

After doing the Sea Stuka, i had lots of people actually questioning WHY they never did put Stukas onto floats. It just looks right for some reason. I'd guess due to the role of the Stuka never really needing a long over water capability, especially in an European environment.
I like the single float idea better, as it would leave more room for ordinance than my version. Mine was done solely to be quick and easy (Alvis mantra 101). I AM glad to have completed a idea before some of you nutters here tho... ^_^

Alvis 3.1