T

Latest finished project

Started by The Wooksta!, May 23, 2005, 05:42:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

This has been under wraps for a while, although some of you knew about it and have seen it at an earlier stage.

Yes, my Martin-Baker operated TSR2, employed for ejection seat trials at high speed (the Meteors were getting long in the tooth and are a tad slow).

It's a basic Blackbeard Resins kit, with the white metal insert from the Heritage kit.  Serial code is for one of the pre-production aircraft, as I figured an older aircraft was more likely to be used for this sort of trials work.  I'll do the history later.

Scheme is dayglo (althought it's actually Peugeot Seville Orange - I couldn't find dayglo in Halfords and this was the brightest colour) and light aircraft grey.  The calibration markings are swiped from the Airfix Hawker P.1127.

Eyecatching, eh?

Gary

HEy Lee...

Is that the interceptor version (ducks) :lol:

Cool job dude
Getting back into modeling

John Howling Mouse

Very sleek and cleaner than anything I could ever do.

Are you missing the aft canopy, though?
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

John Howling Mouse

You know, that kind of in-flight test shot would sure make an eye-catching action diorama..

Hmmm... little tissue paper for the flame of the bang-seat, some clear plastic holding the ejected seat, canopy and chute beginning to deploy in motion...
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Sisko

Looks bloddy nice!!!!!!!!1

Can't wait for the airfix kit to show up.

Get this Cheese to sick bay!

noxioux

Ahhhh, very pretty.   :wub:  

TsrJoe

... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

nev

That looks very nice Lee, neat scheme.

As an aside, I so much prefer BAC to BAe.  I'm not sure why, but our planes were so much cooler when they were called BAC  :D  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

lancer

Nice looking test bed Lee
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

The Rat

Very very nice, and don't fret the car paint, that orange is about the best looking dayglo I've ever seen on a model! Is it authentic touch-up paint, or is it available in hobby shops?
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

nev

Halfords are a car accessory chain store in the UK, who stock a huge selection of spray cans for virtually every manufacturers colours on the road.  So yes, authentic touch-up paints.  The paints are their own brand.  As you've probly gathered by the way some of us British modellers gush over them, they are brilliant - excellent coverage and quick drying  :wub:  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Martin H

And to aid the modler even more Halfords have recently satrted to mix aerosols in store to order...If its on their system and u have the BS or FS number they can mix it for u.  Hows that for surport for the hobby?
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Ollie

BS number?

Is that Bull Sh-t number?  That would be the perfect What If colours then!

:lol:  :D  :dum:  

elmayerle

QuoteBS number?

Is that Bull Sh-t number?  That would be the perfect What If colours then!

:lol:  :D  :dum:
Britihs Standard number, Ollie.  Their equivalent of the US FED-STD-595.  If mrmory serves me correctly, Dave Klaus, the gent who founded Meteor Productions, once published a cross-reference between thd diffeent national standards to help the modeller.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Ollie

I figured that out Evan, I was pulling people's leg...

;)  :cheers:  :tornado: