A-10 + F-16 =

Started by Captain Canada, May 15, 2003, 08:50:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nev

I know, thats why I said it can fly very fast in a straight line for a few minutes!  :P

If we were talking about the Lightning I would have said it can fly very fast, climb like a rocket and generally cavort around the sky....for a few minutes  :D  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Ollie

Mind you, the 104 was a bloody rockter.  The Lightning was a pregnant rocket.   :P

Seriously, the Yanks, with a rocket-augmented 104 went to 104 000' (Chuck Yeager) and the Canucks, with a suitably lightened 104, polished and all went o about 98 000' or something like that using only the jet engine to give them a push.

What do you have to say about that, eh?

Typical job for a Canuck 104 pilot : 200' ceilling, 1/2SM viz, Mach .96 on the deck!!

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Muttley

Apparantly, way back when, the US used to route U-2 flights over the UK (on their way in/out of the Red Zone) without askig permission, reckoning that we couldn't do anything about it.  They were dissuaded after one was intercepted by a *diving* Lightning - or so I was told (by a Canberra PR9 navigator . . . )   B)