F-104/ F/A-18 Hybrid

Started by Eddie M., June 01, 2005, 04:18:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ollie

Shhh Evan, Barry will burn you for saying that...

:P  

Eddie M.

Let the madness begin! :party: The styrene is flyin' and the superglue is flowin'
In this photo I have attempted to fit a round peg into a square hole. The dk gray piece is the bottom part of the engine compartment of another Hornet.The rounded end near the intake is where the engine nozzle usually goes. The wheel well is from the same bird. It has been reversed so that the landing gear will keep the aft end up off the deck. Just behind that I had to cut and reposition the contour to make it flow with the end of the body.

Also, a candid pic of my desk during the "whispering." :ph34r:  I usually clean it up for photos, but I thought I'd show the trainwreck during the initial construction.
  Eddie

Look behind you!

John Howling Mouse

Ahhh ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Sorry for the outburst-----just such a relief to see someone else who is just as nuts as I am.  Eddie, go do a search using the word "Morsair" under John Howling Mouse on this forum.  You'll see what I mean.

Snicker, snicker.  I will go to sleep with a grin on my face tonight!   :lol:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Eddie M.

A small update. After much discussion between me and this new creation :rolleyes:, I cut off the front end and and rebuilt the cockpit. I used parts from a F-15E( instrument panels), an unknown pilot w/ ejection seat. It looks a little better than the stock office that came with it. More progress later. :)
  Eddie

Look behind you!

Eddie M.

I've got the new cockpit in place and now, it's decision time for the nose gear.
The Hornet or Eagle? What do you think?
   Eddie

Look behind you!

Eddie M.

Here's the final fit up before the dirty work begins.
   Eddie

Look behind you!

elmayerle

I'd say that you should use the Hornet nose gear, it adds to the purposeful look of the rest of the aircraft.

My $0.02 (before taxes),
Evan
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Eddie M.

This is a small update, but a giant leap forward in progress. :lol: I had a brain vapor lock on how to transition the aircraft on the spine,so I go on fishing expeditions into my parts box and found my solution. I cut the bottom portion off of a F-14 nose and shazzam :party: problem solved. A little flat stock, and I'm back on track. It's good to move in a positive direction ^_^
  Eddie

Before

After

Look behind you!

Captain Canada

I like the -15 nose gear, it looks better with the slender shape of the 104 fuse. The -18 gear just looks too cluncky.

Have fun !

:cheers:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Supertom

Man, you're good.  :blink:  
"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

John Howling Mouse

Now THAT'S what I call scratchbuilding/kitbashing!!!

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:

I like the meatier look of the Hornet nosegear.  Makes it look much more menacing, IMHO.

^_^

Wow, Eddie, this is overwhelming.  What will the final paint scheme/markings be?
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Patrick H

I'm speechless, looks marvelous Eddy

:cheers:

Patrick
My webpage

The engines spit out fire, I'm pushed back in my chair
The pressure gives me thrills as we climb in the air

Eddie M.

QuoteNow THAT'S what I call scratchbuilding/kitbashing!!!

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:

I like the meatier look of the Hornet nosegear.  Makes it look much more menacing, IMHO.

^_^

Wow, Eddie, this is overwhelming.  What will the final paint scheme/markings be?
I seriously haven't gotten that far yet. The model and I haven't had that conversation. :lol: I have to look though my decals. I kinda of want something colorful. I just bought some decals to redo my 1:48 CV-64 F-4 to a Coral Sea CV-43 bird and I have the two choices left over.

My scratchbuilding is born out of necessity, since I have no molding capabilities. It forces me to use what I've got and make it work. I think it was bootcamp where I heard over and over, improvise, adapt and overcome. I wish I could apply that to my everyday life. :lol:

Thanks to everyone for your continued support. This puttying crap SUCKS!
 Eddie
Look behind you!

SinUnNombre

I like the second one, but with the blacked out nose/cockpit and yellow wing tips like the third one. Later.

Jon

Eddie M.

Opinion time. Do I keep the ventral fins or not. I'm leaning toward keeping them, but sometimes I lose perspective.
  Eddie

Look behind you!