F-104/ F/A-18 Hybrid

Started by Eddie M., June 01, 2005, 04:18:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elmayerle

My vote is to keep them.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

John Howling Mouse

Would there be any risk of scraping them on the runway upon take-off depending on the plane's rotation?  I guess a lot of planes have them, so maybe not.

I think I like the look better without them so you can appreciate the exposed lines of the fuselage.

Can you do a shot at the same angle/distance: a) with the fins next to B) without the fins for a side-by-side comparison?

P.S. "I think it was bootcamp where I heard over and over, improvise, adapt and overcome."

That wasn't boot camp.  It was Clint Eastwood in "Heartbreak Ridge"  :P  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Eddie M.

QuoteWould there be any risk of scraping them on the runway upon take-off depending on the plane's rotation?  I guess a lot of planes have them, so maybe not.

I think I like the look better without them so you can appreciate the exposed lines of the fuselage.

Can you do a shot at the same angle/distance: a) with the fins next to B) without the fins for a side-by-side comparison?

P.S. "I think it was bootcamp where I heard over and over, improvise, adapt and overcome."

That wasn't boot camp.  It was Clint Eastwood in "Heartbreak Ridge"  :P
I've grown use to the fins and the popular vote is to keep them ,but I have followed your advice about them dragging so I move them just a tad out board. Thanks for the observation. ;)  B)
 Eddie

Look behind you!

NARSES2

Do you always have an audience when your kit bashing Eddie ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

John Howling Mouse

Heh, heh, I just noticed the gaggle of pilots there, too!  ^_^  

Captain Canada

QuoteDo you always have an audience when your kit bashing Eddie ?
Yeah, and they still don't have any beer !

They're gonna end up revolting, and trashing his plane while he's sleeping....mark my word........just ask Leigh. One of his wee dudes cut off hios own arm in spite !

:P

I woulda voted to lose the fins at first, but now, seeing them from a different angle, they look good !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Eddie M.

Since it's 12 hours between the throttle and the bottle and our heros are always 5 minute alert, they're lucky to get fruit juice! :lol: ;) Oh, and doesn't everyone pilots sitting around offering advice on aircraft construction? Well, you should. They have some good ideas. :ph34r:  :lol:

Todays update is the dry run for finals assembly. I have to get an idea of what's gonna look like when it's done so I have something to work toward. Ya'll are going to notice a few new extras here and there.  ;)
  Eddie

Look behind you!

NARSES2

OK so we have a "Lancer" on steroids ? Terrific work

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

proditor

You've inspired me to go dump a hundred bucks on a bunch of 1/144 scale kits just to see what I can make out of them if I throw away the instructions.  ;)

And boy is that plane shaping up nicely!

John Howling Mouse

Is that your boy "lurking" on the starboard edge of the first pic?
Does he have any idea how talented/creative/insane his dad is?   ;)

And what is the twin-finned subject just to the right edge of the second pic?

You holdin' out on us, Crazy Legs?   B)  

Eddie M.

QuoteIs that your boy "lurking" on the starboard edge of the first pic?
Does he have any idea how talented/creative/insane his dad is?   ;)

And what is the twin-finned subject just to the right edge of the second pic?

You holdin' out on us, Crazy Legs?   B)
Yep, that's Evan and he was attempting to get me to "lend" him another pilot after the last one I gave him went MIA. Yes, he knows the insane part. :ph34r: One of the few rules he does follow is no touching Daddy's desk unless he asks. ;) He's 3 and I've already started with A/C recognition(Daddy, that's a Corsair!)

That is the UAV that I've updated a bit and posted pix of in it's thread. Have a look when you get a chance. I can't get that one done fast enough! :)
  Eddie
Look behind you!

Eddie M.

QuoteYou've inspired me to go dump a hundred bucks on a bunch of 1/144 scale kits just to see what I can make out of them if I throw away the instructions.  ;)

And boy is that plane shaping up nicely!
Now THAT'S an idea. I can image a dozen hybrids and so much less heartache. Be sure to show us your darling creatures as they come along.. B)
  Eddie
P.S. To anyone trying to ID those under wing missiles. Those are 1:32 AMRAAMs with the forward section removed. I should call them the AIM-75 Brutus. B)
  Eddie
Look behind you!

Eddie M.

After much stalling and no more excuses, I finally finished the sanding. The new creature steps from the fog after it's first coat of primer. :ph34r: Landing gear and ordinance are next up for detailing. :party:
   Eddie

Look behind you!

Captain Canada

Looking real good, Eddie !

Kinda like a TSR.2 in alot of ways......cool !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

SinUnNombre

So, Eddie. Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you still have the back half of this:
And the front half of a Mirage left over???........Hmmm??? :ph34r: (Do you see what I'm getting at here?)

Jon

P.S., That's looking really nice, man. Keep up the hella work.