F-104/ F/A-18 Hybrid

Started by Eddie M., June 01, 2005, 04:18:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nev

that thing looks fast just sitting there  :tornado:  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

John Howling Mouse

Box of tissues time, I'm willing to admit.

Have you determined the paint/markings scheme yet or will it just come to you?

I'm in complete and genuine awe, my friend.

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Eddie M.

QuoteBox of tissues time, I'm willing to admit.

Have you determined the paint/markings scheme yet or will it just come to you?

I'm in complete and genuine awe, my friend.

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:
I'm going to use some decals off of this sheet The middle one looks the most colorful.( I actually got these decals to redo an F-4 in CV-43 colors.). Mix a few paint schemes together and BOOM, an aircraft like no other.
  Eddie
Look behind you!

Eddie M.

QuoteSo, Eddie. Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you still have the back half of this:
And the front half of a Mirage left over???........Hmmm??? :ph34r: (Do you see what I'm getting at here?)

Jon

P.S., That's looking really nice, man. Keep up the hella work.
You mean like this? :P I haven't heard the word Hella in a while. Are you a Metallica Fan?
  Eddie

Look behind you!

Eddie M.

After realizing that I was getting way too serious about this thing, I went back to work, because I'm supposed to be having fun, dammit! So, full steam ahead. I got started on the final paint scheme. I will be following JHM's photo technique :P so that all the little flaw won't be so obvious :lol: more progress to follow!
   Eddie
Look behind you!

SinUnNombre

That Hodge-Podge-Mirage-thingamajigger looks friggin' sweet Eddie! And yes, as a matter of fact, I am a Metallica fan. A hella Metallica fan :P

Jon :ar:  

Gary

Dude, I say awesome. Lotsa fun just watching her (them) develop! Very inspiring.
Getting back into modeling

John Howling Mouse

Eddie M.

Slowly putting all the bits and bobs back in place. I'm seriously thinking about stowing the speed brakes. It will give a sleeker look to it. B)
  Eddie

Look behind you!

John Howling Mouse

The speedbrakes you mentioned, am I missing them completely or are they already "stowed" in these latest pics????

Me:  :dum:  :dum:  

Eddie M.

QuoteThe speedbrakes you mentioned, am I missing them completely or are they already "stowed" in these latest pics????

Me:  :dum:  :dum:
They've been removed in those photos. At first, I was going to have to take them off for paint and decals. Then I started thinking it was looking a bit too busy back there, so off they came. ^_^ The main reason I wanted to use them was because it they reminded me of a bug's shell that covers and protects it's wings. Since this is a Hornet, in part, I thought the bug reference was cool. I may put them back. Still undecided. :blink:  :wacko:
  Eddie
Look behind you!

John Howling Mouse

Tough call.  I get the insect relevance, though.

Could they be attached closer to vertical 90-deg with two hinge-points each just to see what that looks like?  You could always do a friction fit whereby you can show them open and then closed, at will.

Very cool head-on shot.

Can't wait to start modeling something again...someday!!!

Eddie M.

QuoteTough call.  I get the insect relevance, though.

Could they be attached closer to vertical 90-deg with two hinge-points each just to see what that looks like?  You could always do a friction fit whereby you can show them open and then closed, at will.

Very cool head-on shot.

Can't wait to start modeling something again...someday!!!
You mean in the same fashion as the Hornet speed brake?( which that is,just split in two)

Tonight I hung the missiles and centerline tank. :party:
  Eddie
Look behind you!

Captain Canada

Geez Eddie....that looks just ripe for adding some CF-18 decals to !

:lol:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Eddie M.

I finally came up with ideas, but to me, it changes the look quite a bit. Good or bad is for you decide. :lol: The walkways were inspired by the Mighty F-4 and ECM gear on the spine is a part from a KC-135( as well as the antenna and or pitot on the tail, which ever you decide) :P
    Eddie

Look behind you!