Mirage 2000 "Belette Sauvatage" (Wild Weasel)

Started by PolluxDeltaSeven, June 05, 2005, 10:42:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PolluxDeltaSeven

Hello everybody!!

Few days ago, I had an idea of a Wild Weasel Mirage 2000. I describe it in "General Modelling" forum:

http://www.whatifmodelers.com/forum//index...?showtopic=5829

I have no idea for the moment about the scheme, if you want you can help me ;)

There is the first picture I take today, it just the begining ;)

Hope you'll like

For the weapons, like I said in "General Modelling", the Mirage wil have 2 big tanks (2000L), 2 ARM Super-530R, 2 Magic II for self defense and maybe a central electronic pod.
"laissez mes armées être les rochers et les arbres et les oiseaux dans le ciel"
-Charlemagne-

Coming Soon in Alternate History:
-Battlefleet Galactica
-Republic of Libertalia: a modern Pirate Story

cthulhu77

cool...always love in progress pics!
         greg

nev

hehe, that kit looks familiar and so does all the putty  :lol:

Always liked the big tanks on the M2K  :wub:

Scheme, how about the tan/brown camo as worn by the Mirage 4000 prototype?  I think some 2000s have worn it as well....
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

lancer

Oh yes, that is looking good Pollux. Keep the pictures coming.
As for a cammo scheme, well your SEAD bird will be down in the dirt at times, so how about a 2 or 3 tone green upper surface over a black under side, complete with appropriate markings to scare the poo-poo (with an english accent) out of some PBI's ( PBI is Poor Bloody Infantry - WW2 British army slang )
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Hatchet

I can't wait to see this one - I love Weasels :wub:

QuoteI have no idea for the moment about the scheme, if you want you can help me ;)
How about the Djibouti scheme?

PolluxDeltaSeven

QuoteScheme, how about the tan/brown camo as worn by the Mirage 4000 prototype? I think some 2000s have worn it as well....

Yep, it's not a bad idea.
Like Hatchet said, a Djibouti scheme  is a ood idea, maybe a  mix between a 4000 and a classic desert cammo.

I love your idea, lancer, but I forgot to notice that it's a one week project: I have the paint for a desert cammo, but not for a european woods one.

So: Desert scheme. It could be different that the classical blue-grey scheme. And I remember that some 2000 came in Red Flag with a desert camo, maybe 10 years ago!!!

For the paint, I have a few time to think about. I have many thing to do this week: I'll be happy if I finish the build.

Nextpictures tomorrow: I fix the wing's end pod and I build and fix another one on the top of the tail.
It classic, but I'm a little proud of me, cause I do it fast and it's not bad at all. ;)  
-Charlemagne-

-Battlefleet Galactica

Captain Canada

Looking good, buddy !

I've always liked those giant tanks myself, something sexy about that shape !

:wub:

How about a dark green and grey camo, like US weasels ?

Cheers !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Looking good and that armament loadout looks just about right

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PolluxDeltaSeven

Hi !!!

New pics today: I sand a lot the pods I build yesterday and I fix them. It's not so easy, because in 72nd scale, it's very very little.

and one of the last jamming pod:

Next step: I have to build an electronic bay instead of the 30mm guns. It's not very spectacular, but not fast at all.

I also wil draw a little to show you what will be the config.

See you later ;)
-Charlemagne-

-Battlefleet Galactica

Aircav

"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Patrick H

Looking real cool there. And no mirage is complete without the giant tanks in place.
As for colorscheme, Id go for a grey/green combination. The brown camo colors are in use in the French airforce on the 2000N if I'm not mistaken) at the moment and you'd definately would want your bird to have a diffrent look.

:cheers:

Patrick
My webpage

The engines spit out fire, I'm pushed back in my chair
The pressure gives me thrills as we climb in the air

PolluxDeltaSeven

QuoteThe brown camo colors are in use in the French airforce on the 2000N if I'm not mistaken)
Not anymore!! All the D and N Mirage are Grey and Green scheme. All the C, B and -5 are in Blue-Grey scheme.

I always love the desert camo (brown, yellow, even pink!!!)... So maybe a Desert Camo.
I think it will depend of the story I'll write for the plane.

And I just hear that I'll probably not be in house next week. In this case, I will finish the Mirage in middle of July  :(
So I have time to think about a scheme ;)
-Charlemagne-

-Battlefleet Galactica

PolluxDeltaSeven

hum... I think there is a problem: I can't see the pictures, can you??

It's probably a mistake with "Free". Someone knows how to post pictures and be sure they will not be errase ??
-Charlemagne-

-Battlefleet Galactica

PolluxDeltaSeven

Thanks Jeffrey!!

I try an Electronic Bay for my "Belette" but it was a real horror!! (I try to use the photo recce bay of a F-4  :angry: )

I have to find an other solution  <_<  
-Charlemagne-

-Battlefleet Galactica

Jeffry Fontaine

Yannick,

You might want to wait on the avionics bay until you build a different model.  Not sure if the kit you are building is worth that much effort except for the exterior details which in my opinion are going to be more than enough for what you are trying to achieve.  Looking forward to seeing it the finished project.
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg