Mirage 2000 "Belette Sauvatage" (Wild Weasel)

Started by PolluxDeltaSeven, June 05, 2005, 10:42:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hobbes

Damage or no, it looks very nice to me. The tanks look rather large; I've got similar tanks for a Rafale, and they seem smaller in comparison. Do the French use this tank design in different sizes?  

PolluxDeltaSeven

The Mirage 2000 and Rafale's tanks are 2000 L tanks. They have the same capacity and the same design. The different is just that the old Mirage's tanks have 2 "ailerons", and the new Rafale's one no. I cut those on my tanks because my Mirage will operate with Rafale on a front theatre and the weapons and tanks had to be "uniformized.

I have the pictures of my Mirage with rudimentary CFT. I take them 2 hours ago, but there was Stargate Atlantis on TV, so I'm late  :P  :P  :P

The CFT are not really fixed. I just take the photos and already take them off (I just keep the central little one: this is not a CFT, just an electronic hump).
I just want to know if you like it, if you think it's reallistic and credible??
If I do those CFT, they will be better, with a better fix and a lot of putty

Tell me honestly, I'll thanks you ;)

"laissez mes armées être les rochers et les arbres et les oiseaux dans le ciel"
-Charlemagne-

Coming Soon in Alternate History:
-Battlefleet Galactica
-Republic of Libertalia: a modern Pirate Story

John Howling Mouse

Looking fantastic so far, PD7!
As for the CFT's, my only fear is that they will end up looking like, well, like a couple of half-fueltanks stuck onto a fuselage.  Which is fine for the ECM hump itself but when you have three such items in a row, I think it makes the CFT fueltanks look too similar and ordinary.

Is there anyway you could jazz up the shape of the CFT's?  Make them flow more like the curves of a woman's body?  (Now, stop----you other guys, no innuendos needed).

I was thinking something more along the s-curve lines of the F-16's and F-15E's CFT's...

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

elmayerle

Well, ti can be done, baz, but it takes a bit more time to do the aeodynamic tailoring that shapes the CFT's on the F-15 and F-16; the idea is to fit them into the area-rule plot such that they create minimal drag.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

nev

I really like what you've done so far PD7  :wub:

I'd keep the spinal hump, but like Baz said, unless you can find a way to change their shape I'd leave the CFTs off.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

PolluxDeltaSeven

Yep!!

I also think that the CFT are not a god solution.

If I have time, I will try to modified them into the F-16'one form. But I think that the Mirage 2000 is more beautiful without CFT.

Thanks you all.
-Charlemagne-

-Battlefleet Galactica

Eddie M.

Or you can take one half of the CFT and cut it to make it 1/4 and install that into the wing root and fuselage. Just a thought. :)
 Eddie
Look behind you!

PolluxDeltaSeven

I think about it, and try and try and try...
But I find any solution who looks good for me. I think with 3 tanks, my Mirage will have enough range..

I will try again for CFT, but I'm not committed...

Tomorrow I go to Normandie for 2 weeks, I'll have much time to think about it... ;)
-Charlemagne-

-Battlefleet Galactica

John Howling Mouse

QuoteWell, it can be done, Baz, but it takes a bit more time to do the aeodynamic tailoring that shapes the CFT's on the F-15 and F-16; the idea is to fit them into the area-rule plot such that they create minimal drag.
Do you mean it takes a bit more time to get it right in "real" life (engineering-wise) or modeling (where I just make it up as I go)?   ^_^  

elmayerle

QuoteWell, it can be done, Baz, but it takes a bit more time to do the aeodynamic tailoring that shapes the CFT's on the F-15 and F-16; the idea is to fit them into the area-rule plot such that they create minimal drag.
Do you mean it takes a bit more time to get it right in "real" life (engineering-wise) or modeling (where I just make it up as I go)?   ^_^
Both actually.  Obviously RL takes rather longer and in modelling, I find that if I'm going to model a configuration, it's one I need to feel could've been (for instance, a F-2B with the spine and "bits and pieces" of a F-16F or a late F-16D, Block 50/52).  For me to model something with CFT's, they need to be believable by me.  Now this does leave lots of room, though; for instance there's that head-on drawing in Jay Miller's F-16 book that shows that GD was considering CFT's on the bottom of the chines, too; I can see doing those instead of upper ones or in addtion to upper ones.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Patrick H

Glad to see you managed to rebuild your model after it fell. It was looking real good until you added the CFT's. I would leave them off. It spoils the beautifull line of the aircraft.

Have a nice trip in Normandië; my favorite part of France.

:cheers:

Patrick
My webpage

The engines spit out fire, I'm pushed back in my chair
The pressure gives me thrills as we climb in the air

PolluxDeltaSeven

Hello Pat!!

Yep, I could rebuild the aircraft. I was lucky that the part just unstick, and not break.

I'm in Normandie and you're right, it's beautiful.
For the CFT, I already left them off.

As a friend tell me on a French forum: "c'est une faute de goût": with CFT, the Mirage 2000 isn't sexy anymore.
-Charlemagne-

-Battlefleet Galactica

John Howling Mouse

"c'est une faute de goût"

Does that essentially mean "it's a fault of taste"?????

That could be my new Avatar line!

PolluxDeltaSeven

QuoteDoes that essentially mean "it's a fault of taste"?????
Yep !!!

I have to admit that I'm a sort of "extraterrestrial" in a lot of French forum, cause I love the A-10, the F-4, the Kfir and Cheetha, and I don't like the Mirage III and Mirage IV.  :mellow:
I aesthetically love bombers and not very much the fighters with "pure" design...

For that, in a lot of topics, some tell me that "c'est une faute de goût" !!  :P

QuoteThat could be my new Avatar line!

Why not??  ;)
I'm very proud of my "faults of taste" !!! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  
-Charlemagne-

-Battlefleet Galactica

PolluxDeltaSeven

Waoh!! 2 years already!!??

After all this time, thanks to JHM and its Phoenix Group Build, I finally decide to finish my Mirae 2000 Wild Weasel.

Here is te picture of the plane I took today.

Tomorrow, it'll have weapons and marking, I hope, in order to be just in time for the end of the GB.

I hope you'll like the scheme!! It was very difficult for me to hand paint it, but I'm quite proud of the result!!
-Charlemagne-

-Battlefleet Galactica