Main Menu

UAV

Started by Eddie M., June 18, 2005, 11:28:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie M.

I've started this new topic because I've actively begun to work on this mutant. :ph34r: Thanks goes to JHM for the push to jump back into the fray.This "thing" is constructed of the drop tanks of a 1:32 F-4 (one for the main body and the other is divided into the halves on either side of that.), the nose of a 1:48 F/A-18 and the intakes and vertical stabs are from a 1:72 Tomcat. The intakes are actually the bottoms of the engine compartments where the ventral fins go. The gear is Hornet and Eagle. The wings are also 1:72 Tomcat. Now you know where I lost steam. Too many different parts and no plans or direction. :blink:  :wacko:
  Eddie

Look behind you!

Damian2

She's gonna be one sweet looking UAV!

-Damian
Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.

John Howling Mouse

HoLyYYYYYY!
Seeing it this way, I sure am glad you're giving it a resurrection.
It deserves it.
Can't believe how you can combine components, Eddie!

The other cool thing about this UAV is just how strikingly different it will look on any display next to more "regular" aircraft.
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

The Rat

Please, in the name of all that is holy, KEEP GOING!!!

:cheers:  
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

cthulhu77

:cheers:   Amen, Brother !!!!!

Eddie M.

Thank you to everyone for the encouragement.  ^_^ I forgot to add the "spine" ECM(and radar) pod is the bottom half of the gun pod of my 1:32 F-4.
  Eddie
Look behind you!

Gary

Ya know, that's so cool, we should have a UAV what if build. Everything from pilotless F-15's to imagined UAV's 30 years from now.

Cool work
Getting back into modeling

Eddie M.

QuoteYa know, that's so cool, we should have a UAV what if build. Everything from pilotless F-15's to imagined UAV's 30 years from now.

Cool work
I second the motion. The more the merrier, right? I've got the wings back on. I tell, this is one stubborn build. I finally got some steam up to get some work done and one of the wing hinges breaks. :huh:  :angry:  <_<  :wacko: Luckily it stays in place while it's sitting still.
  Eddie

Look behind you!

The Rat

Yes, YES, YES!!!  :cheers:  
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Eddie M.

To gain a bit of inspiration, I did a fit of most of the extras to get an idea of what it's gonna look like. Closer to the goal of finishing this creation. :) I'll probably add a JDAM later.
   Eddie

Look behind you!

The Rat

Nothing much to say, other than...

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:

:cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:  

nev

oh yesssssssssssssssss...........  :wub:  :wub:  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

NARSES2

That looks alien, and evil - as UCV's should - terrific
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

lancer

I agree with Chris. She looks downright menacing, but allureingly beautiful at the same time.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Patrick H

Weird, very weird.

Keep going Eddie, it looks just at home here  :)

:cheers:

Patrick
My webpage

The engines spit out fire, I'm pushed back in my chair
The pressure gives me thrills as we climb in the air