Main Menu

UAV

Started by Eddie M., June 18, 2005, 11:28:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gooberliberation

I imagine that in some cases, theyd get even more beat up from being pushed harder... no pilot to lose, right?

But then again, nobody likes to break expensive toys :lol:  
================================
"How about this for a headline for tomorrows paper? French fries." ~~ James French, d. 1966 Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.

Eddie M.

Okay, I lied again. :blink: No airbrush on this one because I needed a test subject for my sponge paint scheme that I'm going to use on the Hornet/ Mirage. It looks a little busy right now, but the flat coat will take care of that( I hope ;) ) In my mind's eye, this fits the cold environment look I was after. The real test is after the dull coat. :)
  Eddie
Look behind you!

BlackOps

Hey, I've seen a bowling ball with that same paint scheme  :P

I like it!  But then again, I liked the grunched up prepping for paint look too.
I double dog dare ya to make something I don't like!

Jeff G.  
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Eddie M.

QuoteHey, I've seen a bowling ball with that same paint scheme  :P

I like it!  But then again, I liked the grunched up prepping for paint look too.
I double dog dare ya to make something I don't like!

Jeff G.
I'm tryin' like heck to ugly this one up a bit, but no luck. :P  As predicted, the flat coat brought down the busy factor( sort of..... :rolleyes: ) Coming close to the end game with this one. I've been working on this one for what seems like a year and thanks to JHM, it was saved from a early retirement.  B) I want to show the gear doors before they get painted and lose their definition. Still need to figure out a weapons load <_<  because there's not much room for a whole lot. I'm just waiting for the word on what this one wants.... :ph34r:  :lol:
   Eddie

Look behind you!

John Howling Mouse

Looks nasty...in all the right ways!

This technique would really work on a Sci-Fi subject, especially something very very alien (like much of the stranger designs on Babylon-5).

Very cool!
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Sisko

QuoteThis technique would really work on a Sci-Fi subject, especially something very very alien (like much of the stranger designs on Babylon-5).

Without seeing JHM's post my first thought were of some organic hulled thing from B5

Play Twilightzone theme.

Looks fantastic

So how did you get that knid of scheme or did I miss something?
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Ollie

Wicked, simply wicked!

But what is the pixelisated paint scheme, eh?

:P

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  

cthulhu77

I LOVE that paint scheme...how did you do it ????  Fantastico !

Eddie M.

QuoteI LOVE that paint scheme...how did you do it ????  Fantastico !
Thank you all for admiring the paint scheme. That is my first real attempt at it. Here's where I explain how I did it. I cut this from my "Horage" :lol:  Build. It was originally a reply to JHM.
If I'm involved, it's very simple.  The model is about 7 inches long. It's the left over body of the KC-135. I found an old kitchen sponge and cut small squares out of it, big enough to have a firm grasp when holding it. I used the cross section of the sponge because it has the crisp definition for the paint. Got myself a piece of foil and spread paint out thinly and evenly. As in dry brushing, blot the sponge until you get the amount of paint on the sponge you'd like to work with. Also, I started with a the lightest color first. I started with a gray base coat already on the subject. When applying, either dab it or roll it on, but don't go too fast and smudge it. That will ruin the effect. The good thing is it drys very fast. I put a dull coat on this in less than an hour after I applied the paint. I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions. I'd love to see this applied to one of your works.  
Eddie
Look behind you!

Richard/KeroJP4

Hi Eddie, Hi all,

That paint job is awesome !!!!!!

Nice piece of kitbashing ! I luv that !!

Regards,

Richard

Eddie M.

QuoteHi Eddie, Hi all,

That paint job is awesome !!!!!!

Nice piece of kitbashing ! I luv that !!

Regards,

Richard
Thank you Richard. :) This one has been the biggest challenge of just about all my builds because it's a pure fantasy built from old drop tanks and wings. Not to mention the two steps forward, one  step back progress of the whole build. <_<  ;)  :)

Thanks to everyone for the kind words about the paint. Sometimes experiments work out the best.
      Eddie  
Look behind you!

proditor

Between you and the rest of the outstanding modellers here, I'm considering sticking to Naval projects and then just always being in JoeP's shadow.   Dayam you guys are good.  That paint job look awesome!

nev

QuoteBetween you and the rest of the outstanding modellers here, I'm considering sticking to Naval projects and then just always being in JoeP's shadow.   Dayam you guys are good.  That paint job look awesome!
Scratchbuilder extrordinaire Thorvic also does ships.......   ^_^  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

proditor

QuoteBetween you and the rest of the outstanding modellers here, I'm considering sticking to Naval projects and then just always being in JoeP's shadow.   Dayam you guys are good.  That paint job look awesome!
Scratchbuilder extrordinaire Thorvic also does ships.......   ^_^
Dang...time to start making Unicycles I guess....

Eddie M.

UAV
Alright!  I am finally ready to except this aircraft into my inventory. I don't have a name yet, but I'm sure someones got a suggestion, right? ;)  A special thanks goes out to JHM for motivating me to pull this one out of the "never gonna finish" box and giving me a reason to see this one to the end. Enjoy. :)
   Eddie

Look behind you!