The last of the short nosed Wulfs.

Started by matrixone, July 01, 2005, 04:23:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matrixone

This is the Hasegawa 1/32 scale Fw 190A-8 that was built as a very late production A-9 that was fitted with the Ta 152 style tail.

Matrixone  

cthulhu77

Once again....WOW !  Neat craft, that !

greg

retro_seventies

a master at work again, as always  :wub:  
"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

NARSES2

You've done it again Matrix brilliant. That first photo looks as though it could have come from the Nowarra book

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

matrixone

Thanks greg, retro seventies, Chris, and markm 70!

I used the prop, spinner, 14 blade fan, and cowl ring from Eagle Parts and the big tail and ''blown hood'' from the Revell of Germany Fw 190D-9 kit.

This a/c (Wrk.N. 980542) was built by Norddeutsche Dornier and may have been one of the final a/c built there before the end of the war.
A small batch of Fw 190A-9 and F-9's were fitted with the larger Ta 152 tail unit, no photographs have been published of these a/c yet so the markings and camouflage I used on my model are taken from other late war Fw 190's.
Colors are custom mixed to match the paint chips in the Monogram Painting Guide for German Aircraft.

Matrixone  

noxioux

Wonderful!  I'm going to go hide my head in shame.  The weathering!  The detail!  Ahhhhhhhh! :wub:  

matrixone

Thank you very much noxioux!

This was a very nice kit to build and my first large scale model in many years. I have some of those new Revell He 162 1/32 scale kits and I have been waiting for EagleCals to release their decal sheets before starting on one of them.

You should try one of these new large scale kits, they are very good and can be built into good looking models OOB unlike the ''old school'' kits from 20 years ago.

Matrixone

Patrick H

Nothing to be said that isn't said already. so I guess I'll better shut up and bow my head in recognition of your mastership

:cheers:

Patrick
My webpage

The engines spit out fire, I'm pushed back in my chair
The pressure gives me thrills as we climb in the air

matrixone

Patrick H,

Thanks for looking at my work and the comment!

Matrixone

Eddie M.

I've been enjoying your work for some time now and thought I'd add to the chorus of praises. From the model itself to the photography. A work of art like that is what I strive for, when I actually build a real subject. :rolleyes:  :D Great presentation.
    Eddie
Look behind you!

John Howling Mouse

Yep, another masterpiece: model and photo.
You're an inspiration!

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

matrixone

Thank you Eddie and John!

Since I don't build many large scale models I did spend more time than usual painting the cockpit and also some light weathering too, I corrected the placement of the gunsight (the kit is incorrect) as well, but the biggest mistake I made was not adding seatbelts. I ordered a set for this model ahead of time but a few weeks later the order arrived and all other items were in that order except the seatbelts. I had decided to build the model without the seatbelts instead of wasting more time waiting for another order to arrive from a different mail order business. My modeling time is very limited.

Today the weather is very clear where I live and I might have time today to take more pics of the 190, if they are any good I will post some later.

Matrixone

Leigh

Again F...ng AMAZING! Wow! and all the other superlatives.
I always show your work to my girlfriend and she always says
"is that a model? thats not a model its a real plane! is it really a model?"
kinda stuff I'd like to hear about my stuff. Matrix you are a master!

I invite all and any criticism, except about Eric The Dog, it's not his fault he's stupid

Leigh's Models