Algerian F/A-18, Gripen in Argentina etc...

Started by PolluxDeltaSeven, July 01, 2005, 05:22:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PolluxDeltaSeven

Hello everybody!!

During my holydays in Normandie, I have no model to do, but a computer and very long time to think about future project!!

I know the following are not models, but I hope they will be soon...

I have a lot of idea: Algerian F/A-18, Typhoon for Koweit, JAS-39M Sea Gripen for Argentina's Navy, F-35I for Israel and even a Mandchou Su-22 !!!

I hope you'll like them: their all in the same universe, the world we know, but in the 2015-2020 period...
"laissez mes armées être les rochers et les arbres et les oiseaux dans le ciel"
-Charlemagne-

Coming Soon in Alternate History:
-Battlefleet Galactica
-Republic of Libertalia: a modern Pirate Story

PolluxDeltaSeven

First: an Algerian F/A-18C

-Since 2008, Algeria wants to increase the capabilities of its Air Force. Algeria buy FC-1 in China, Su-27 in Russian Federation, but also secand-hand combat aircraft.
-In 2011, the relationship between Kuwait and USA collapse... Kuwait buy a special version of the Eurofighter Typhoon, the KFA-1... In secret, the Kuwaitian governement agree in selling 30 F/A-18C/D to Algeria.
-First scadron is operationnal in June 2013.
-In 2015, all the Algerian F/A-18 are able to carry AMRAAM, Sidewinder but also Magic 2 and russian R-73 and R-77.

I found the 2 view plan with the help of Google, but I draw myself the sheme and the flags... And I have to admit that I'm quite proud of it...

I hope you like...
Just a question: where can I find Algerian flag for my F-18??
-Charlemagne-

-Battlefleet Galactica

lancer

Brilliant idea Pollux, greatr back story as well...
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Captain Canada

Beauty idea, pds !

I especially like the Argentinian Navy Gripen idea !

:wub:

Really cool camo on your F-18 as well.

Happy planning !

;)  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PolluxDeltaSeven

I'm very happy you like it!!
It's very an hard job to draw on computer. It's new for me and I'm relieved that you like...

It takes me 2 or 3 hours to do that:: find the good colors, the good camo (= find a picture of algerian Su-27) and do the job.

Tomorrow, my girlfriend come at home for the week, but I hope I could find little time to do the Sea Gripen.

Since I saw picture of Argentinian Super Etendard and Tracker on the Sao Paulo, I admit that the Argentinian Navy sound like a dream  :D

Oh!! If you have a good 3 or 2 view plan of a Gripen, that will help me a lot :unsure:

Thanks you all!

So, it's 3:00AM here: good night folks!
-Charlemagne-

-Battlefleet Galactica

elmayerle

There are a couple different Gripen drawings here.  Use the one that best suits your needs.

IMHO, the two-sheet set by Michael Westerberg is your best bet.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

PolluxDeltaSeven

Thanks for the link, that exactlly what I was looking for ;)
-Charlemagne-

-Battlefleet Galactica

NARSES2

QuoteI'm very happy you like it!!
It's very an hard job to draw on computer. It's new for me and I'm relieved that you like...

Tomorrow, my girlfriend come at home for the week, but I hope I could find little time to do the Sea Gripen.

If this is one of your early attempts, then I can't wait to see what you come up with latter whne your'e used to it - great stuff

Holiday, Normandy, Girlfiend = CGI Modeling - no way :P

Enjoy your hols Pollux
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Radish

Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

PolluxDeltaSeven

Hi!!

Here it's 3:39 AM. My girlfriend is sleeping but I can't. So I start the Gripen.

But for transform it into a naval fighter, I'll have a lot of work.

So, next one will be Kuwait Typhoon ;)
-Charlemagne-

-Battlefleet Galactica

PolluxDeltaSeven

And for tonight, the special camo of the Algerian Hornet during operations in Mali, in April 2017:

-Charlemagne-

-Battlefleet Galactica

elmayerle

QuoteThanks for the link, that exactlly what I was looking for ;)
*chuckle* Well, I found out about that site on this forum, so just sharing the wealth. :D  The information shared here saves tons of time, just glad to be able to share back.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

PolluxDeltaSeven

And let me introduce you my Typhoon KFA-1:

-Since 2009, it's obvious for some Middle Orient countries (Syria, Kuwait, Jordania and Saudia...) that military presence of the USA can't stop the terrorisme threats in the area.
The relationship between Kuwait and USA are worse and worse during the next year.

-In 2010, Kuwait chose the Typhoon (politically better than the Rafale) as new generation multirole fighter.

-In 2011, first Typhoon arrived in Kuwait. First squadron operationnal in November 2011.

-Charlemagne-

-Battlefleet Galactica

NARSES2

That I like - might do my two-seater in desert camo now
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

lancer

Damm Pollux, that Desert Typhoon is simply gorgeous... Strangely enough, I have some Kuwaiti Lightning markings waiting to be used. You might have given me an idea on how to use them.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die