BlackOps

Eddie, it really is a nice effect.

Jeff G.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Eddie M.

QuoteEddie, it really is a nice effect.

Jeff G.
Thank you. In person, it really has a depth of field to it. Oh and here's Sponge Bob ..er.. I mean the sponge I used. Also, this is what the whole test subjest looks like. I was going to buy some fancy nancy craft sponges, but the cheap skate in me is always looking for an on hand solution.
    Eddie

Look behind you!

John Howling Mouse

Wow, I see a Davis-Monthan Airbase (storage facility) diorama coming!
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Eddie M.

Another step in the evolution of this aircraft has been realized. I finally got it up on it's gear for a test fit. I'm starting to enjoy looking at this one more and more. ^_^
    Eddie

Look behind you!

BlackOps

Looks good sittin up high on the gear, going to be a knockout when you get it decorated and loaded up :)

Jeff G.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Eddie M.

After two rounds of sponge paint, this what I've got. One more of a darker gray or lite black :blink: and then the flat coat.
  Eddie

Look behind you!

Brian da Basher

Daaaamnnn that's nice Eddie! I really like the results you got spongepainting that camo. I may have to try that technique myself someday.

Brian da Basher

Richard/KeroJP4

Hi Eddie, hi all !

Oh my gawd !!!! She is a beauty !!!!

Well done ! That camo is awesome !

Regards

Richard

BlackOps

Rock On!    Are you sure you want to add another color? I think you have good contrast with what you have without it being too strong...looks perfect as is to me.

Jeff Goff
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

SinUnNombre

I agree. I don't think you need another color. Unless you want it to be as dramatic as the UAV, but it looks just fine to me. I still wish you'd have gone with the tip tanks, though. -_-

Jon

John Howling Mouse

Another concurrence here as well.  Looks pretty good with contrast as is.

Although, if you're going ahead with the next color, it would be cool if you could sponge your next (darker) color in a limited pattern, as if it was in the usual camo band patterns seen on "real" a/c.
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Eddie M.

QuoteRock On!    Are you sure you want to add another color? I think you have good contrast with what you have without it being too strong...looks perfect as is to me.

Jeff Goff
I'm gonna go with the crowd on this one. JHM did read my mind about the next pattern I was going to put on. It would have been in irregular patterns. I really want to finish this one. This has been on my table for over 4 monthes and that is too long! :D Sorry to say no work tonight as I just got the new Air&Space mag with the B-58 as the main story and will be retiring early to soak it up like a sponge! :lol:

S.U.N. :)  ,
  I'm saving those wing tanks for an aircraft that I can design them into  from the beginning and not add them as an after thought. You will be pleased. ;)
  Eddie  
Look behind you!

retro_seventies

looking awesome eddie - glad that you are going in that direction with the paint, i know that she'll look stunning once she gets the final touches.  :wub:  :wub:

let me know how that b-58 article is, i might pick that magazine up this weekend when i make it to a decent shop or two...  :)

"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

Eddie M.

Quotelooking awesome eddie - glad that you are going in that direction with the paint, i know that she'll look stunning once she gets the final touches.  :wub:  :wub:

let me know how that b-58 article is, i might pick that magazine up this weekend when i make it to a decent shop or two...  :)
The article on the Hustler is VERY good! The best material I've seen on it yet and great reference pix. It made the cover, so it will be hard to miss. Just to show you how much I love the B-58, here's mine as it goes though rebuild and repaint.  ^_^
   Eddie

Before

After, in progress
Look behind you!

Tophe

Wonderful models of Hustler, but - say - what would be your reaction if Eddie M. ever build a Hornet 1/72 Hustler 1/144 mix? Shocking or welcome? :D  (for me it would be welcome - I like a lot the Delta Mirage lines while the Hornet/Mirage Hybrid is a nice addition to the Mirage collection :wub: )
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]