Hornet / Mirage Hybrid #5

Started by Eddie M., July 01, 2005, 09:20:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackOps

Cool, got my Air & Space Mag yesterday, did a quick skim and saw a pic that matched your hustler re-do....very cool, probably wont get to read the article until tonight.

Jeff G.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Richard/KeroJP4

Hi Eddie, Hi all !

I think I'll get to your camoing sponge technique ! I got the sponge BTW !

Will you add another color or will it remain as it currently is ?

Very good indeed !

C ya

Richard

Eddie M.

QuoteHi Eddie, Hi all !

I think I'll get to your camoing sponge technique ! I got the sponge BTW !

Will you add another color or will it remain as it currently is ?

Very good indeed !

C ya

Richard
Because I value the wisdom of the people here and their suggestion to not add another color, this will be it. I don't want to over do it, right? :lol:I know, that sounds funny coming from me. :D  I've got some low vis decals from a F-15 sheet and will probably use those for markings. I think I've decided to keep it as an air superiority type and load it down with missiles.
    Eddie  
Look behind you!

Captain Canada

Man, that Hustler is looking awesome !

:wub:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Eddie M.

Here's a couple of progress shots. Moving along, singin' a song....( and the song is '" You can do it your own way, if it's done just how I say!", sorry, I've got Metallica on the brain :) ) Anyway, final construction is at hand. I'm so happy! :D

Thanks for the compliments on the Hustler. I don't know why I have finished it yet. <_<  
    Eddie

Look behind you!

lancer

WOW, that look soooo futureistic, especially with that caom colour. It's awsome. Hearty congratulations Eddie
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

John Howling Mouse

Sonic BOOM baby!!

This too has been saved to the hard drive.

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Eddie M.

Thank you for the compliments guys! B) A little more accomplished tonight. I hung the gear doors and missiles. Also, I made a command decision to 86 the winglets because they were becoming a big pain the donkey. I'm happy with this look. :)
  Eddie

Look behind you!

BlackOps

But, but, but, I liked the winglets   :huh:

Still looks killer though  :D

Jeff G.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

lancer

Oh man, that beastie looks so damm good it shouldn't be allowed. Love the loadout on it, and, IMHO it looks better without the winglets and with the 'winders there instead.  
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

John Howling Mouse

I miss the winglets.  But the growling Sidewinders are cool, too.

Say, where does the phrase to "eighty-six" something come from, anyhow?
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Jeffry Fontaine

It still looks like it needs a wee bit more in the weapons department added to it.  With all of that undeveloped real estate under the intake trunks and between the landing gear it is begging for a couple more small pylons for a jammer pod and targeting pod as well or another pair of missiles.  

Overall, it is looking quite right without the science fiction winglet thingies, much better to see weapons mounted there on the wing tips.  
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Eddie M.

QuoteI miss the winglets.  But the growling Sidewinders are cool, too.

Say, where does the phrase to "eighty-six" something come from, anyhow?
Well, to be honest, I'm kinda missing the winglets myself. I'll see if I can squeeze a bit more imagination from my melon. ;) I'm not sure where 86 came from, I just know I've been 86'ed from a few bars in my time. :lol:
    Eddie
Look behind you!

Eddie M.

I think I've hit upon acompromise. I reduce the size of the winglets and kept the 'Winders.

Jeffry, You are right about those big viods that need to be filled. I'm working on that also. I figure one more station between the 'Winder and Sparrow and your suggestion, some kind of pods under the intakes.  Bingo! I just had a brain fart...er... I mean a brainstorm. More pix tomorrow of the rest of the load out. :)
   Eddie

Look behind you!

SinUnNombre

Hmm, I'm not sure what version I like better, winglets or 'Winders. The winglets do have a very sci-fi Captain Scarlet look to them, almost too much to look just right. The Sidewinders do give it more of a utilitarian feel, but it seems more like the, "I ran out of time and couldn't think of anything better." option. No offence, Eddie. Those tips do need something. Hey, here's a thought. Go REALLY outside the box and put some SNEB pods or something like that on the tips. Or, meet in the middle and put the Sidewinders inside of the winglets. :P

Jon

EDIT: Eddie, you post faster than I do.