Hornet / Mirage Hybrid #5

Started by Eddie M., July 01, 2005, 09:20:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davey B

Argh, argh, AAAARRRGGHHH!!!!!!!!!
:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

How can that thing just look so RIGHT!?!

Eddie M.

QuoteEddie, are you going to do a cockpit for this one (would add to the realism, buddy!).

;)
I would love to, but I'm out of clear canopies. :angry:  Still working on it, cuz I'd like to do one. Oh, no! The Blue Angel F/A-18 on the shelf just offered it's canopy for this project. Can ya believe the generosity of some folks!? No problem. I was gonna sacrifice it anyway. :lol:
  Eddie
Look behind you!

Eddie M.

QuoteEddie, are you going to do a cockpit for this one (would add to the realism, buddy!).

;)
I wasn't going to bother until I traded canopies w/ my B.A. F/A-18. Upon removing it, I find that is one piece and clear. (This model is about 20yrs. old) It's also longer than the one it came with bashed part. JHM, because of your suggestion, I looked a little hard and two seater just jumped out at me. I tore apart an old F-4 cockpit and modified some Eagle seats and like majic it all came together like this. Thanks for the push! B)  This model has been very fun so far, and hope it continues....
   Eddie

Look behind you!

John Howling Mouse

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

dragon

Cool!  Very Anime-ish.  Kind of reminded me of the fighters in PROJECT A-KO (except theirs had four engines).  Click here and see upper right hand corner of poster.
"As long as people are going to call you a lunatic anyway, why not get the benefits of it?  It liberates you from convention."- from the novel WICKED by Gregory Maguire.

"I must really be crazy to be in a looney bin like this" - Jack Nicholson in the movie ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST

Eddie M.

After the constant little voice in my head telling me it wasn't right, I went back to a single seat. I tried to be forward thinking and rationize modern, compact avionics, but the proximity of the seats to each other doesn't work for me. I'll save that cocpit for another build. :)
  Eddie
Look behind you!

Eddie M.

As I finish my 104/18, my mind is thinking of this project next. Opinion time. Should I go with the total Viggen rip off for the main gear or not? Just figure with all the extra weight...... ^_^
  Eddie
Look behind you!

John Howling Mouse

Being a hyper Viggen fan myself (and yet, once again: having never built one!) I am too biased to give an objective comment >go for the Viggen look< so that would not be fair to your project >go for the Viggen look< as I would have only my own selfish reasons >go for the Viggen look< ahead of what was really best for your ultimate >go for the Viggen look< concept.

P.S.: Go for the Viggen look.

-_-

nev

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Eddie M.

I've been toying with a new design for the intakes. This is just a "rough draft". Haven't decided which way I'll go. :wacko:
  Eddie
Look behind you!

Eddie M.

QuoteBeing a hyper Viggen fan myself (and yet, once again: having never built one!) I am too biased to give an objective comment >go for the Viggen look< so that would not be fair to your project >go for the Viggen look< as I would have only my own selfish reasons >go for the Viggen look< ahead of what was really best for your ultimate >go for the Viggen look< concept.

P.S.: Go for the Viggen look.

-_-
No turning back now! The knock off Viggen wheel wells have been started. B) Lots of scratchbuilding on this one. ;)
  Eddie
P.S. Yes, I see that the wells are not the same lenght, but it doesn't matter......too much. &lt;_&lt; When I'm done, you'll never be able to see that measured once and cut twice. :dum:

Look behind you!

Captain Canada

Rock on, Eddie !

The Viggen look will really set this baby off...great stuff !

:wub:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

John Howling Mouse

Oh man, I can just picture you ripping into this kit, styrene bits and shavings flying:     Go Eddie Go!

Everybody here should take at least one of their kits and cut into it.  I do recall how foreign and unreasonable an idea that once was but what a liberating feeling to finally start the cuttin' an' choppin' and you'll never look back!

Go Eddie Go!

:party:  

Eddie M.

This is probably a little more pleasing to the eye. I think it'll add more proportion to the wideness of the wings.I've also extended the intake by about an inch. Where the white tab is on the spine,( that's the nose /fuselage connection) is where the intakes were originally ^_^
      Eddie
Look behind you!

cthulhu77

cool !!!  this is like watching a version of modeling on "ER" !!!!  Keep those pics coming !

greg