Hornet / Mirage Hybrid #5

Started by Eddie M., July 01, 2005, 09:20:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie M.

The new intakes are taking shape. Sorry if I've ruined the version with the smaller engines, but this looks better to me and Emayerle got me thinking about the airflow into those intakes that were so far back. This one is going to be a brute!
  Eddie

Look behind you!

John Howling Mouse

F-XX "Brute"

I like it!

We can quit putzing around with wimp names like "Hornet" and "Rafale" and get to the point.  Brute!

:wub:  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

lancer

If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

PolluxDeltaSeven

The new fuselage remind me the Mirage 4 !!
:wub:  
"laissez mes armées être les rochers et les arbres et les oiseaux dans le ciel"
-Charlemagne-

Coming Soon in Alternate History:
-Battlefleet Galactica
-Republic of Libertalia: a modern Pirate Story

Eddie M.

JHM,
  Here's a bit of scratchbuilding of the cockpit area using your idea of using craft wire. Much better result than the solder I was using. Thanks! B)

Thanks for the positive comments on this bird by everyone. ^_^  B) They are good to hear, especially when everytime I look closely at this thing, more work jumps out.  <_<  :ph34r:
   Eddie
Look behind you!

John Howling Mouse

Glad to hear it worked out.  Really great stuff that crafter's beading wire: variety of gauge thicknesses and CHEAP!  This is going to look great.  At the rate you can get stuff done, will you be finished by Sunday night?????

:rolleyes:

Yeah, I wish, too.   :)  

Eddie M.

Here's the latest mock up to see how the new intakes work out. I put the Scooter(1:48) in there for size comparison. This about as big as my F-14/15 "Archangel III." I don't have too much more room for a Large Marge like this, but I'll make room. ;)
  Eddie

Look behind you!

John Howling Mouse

I can practically hear the sonic booms already!!!

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  

nev

Looking more and more sci-fi by the day  :ar:  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Ollie

Incredible.

When are you going to do a CGI movie featuring all those wacky designs of yours, eh?

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  

lancer

That is shaping up beautifully Eddie.  
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

BlackOps

Now that is a beast!  Lookin' good :)

Jeff G.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Eddie M.

A little progress today closing up the fuselage. Here's a pic of how much bigger the plane has gotten compared to the original A/C. :)
   Eddie
Look behind you!

John Howling Mouse

Hmmmm...double-walled protection...getting ideas----getting ideas...

:)  

Eddie M.

Not too much to cheer about ,but the nose is on for good now. Did a little work on the intakes. I kept the" thinga ma bobs" that are in the Mirage intakes. I presume it's to break up any shock wave going into the engine. The Hornet nose looks a bit different without the leading edge extention. :)
   Eddie

Look behind you!