G

Fairey Thunderbolt F-1(?)

Started by Geoff_B, July 06, 2005, 01:52:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Camo with a load of iron bombs !

;)

Just like the old Phantoms.......too cool !

:wub:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Geoff_B

Ah well the FD-3 is finished, unfortunately surface blemishes on this scratch build meant after primming meant that the original ADV grey option would be a bit impractical so went with the more traditional 70's Phantom style scheme.

She is carrying 141 Sqdn markings as this was former Javelin Air Defence unit , so i didn't clash with the lightning history. She is armed with a Belly tank, Blue Dolphin under the Intakes (Blue dolphin being a semi active radar seeker version of Red Top), Red Hebe long range radar guided missiles and Red top IR heat seekers on the outer pylons.

The ADV version in 145 sqn markings will have to await a resin copy.

Cheers

Geoff  

The Rat

I think I just had a religious experience.  :wub:

You da man!  :cheers:  
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Just a great model....

Guys: Can you imagine one of these puppies doing a fast & lo pass at the (much missed) Finningly or (even more missed) Mildenhall show.

Ahhhh well.

I H-G
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Martin H

QuoteGuys: Can you imagine one of these puppies doing a fast & lo pass at the (much missed) Finningly or (even more missed) Mildenhall show.

Ahhhh well.
Now that would be a sight to behold
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Ollie

NARSES2

Brilliant ! and better in the flesh then in the photo - as is Nev's Korean F.20

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

nev

Heh, those squadron markings had us all scratching our heads at Donny  :D  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

lancer

Brilliant as usual Thorvic, I simply love the FD3 (Thunder). when are the resin kits gonna be available??
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Aircav

Cool Geoff, Cool  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Mike Wren

Martin H

Quotewhen are the resin kits gonna be available??
In simple terms Lance. Your guess is as good as ours lol
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

John Howling Mouse

Absolutely believable!!

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Geoff_B

Well we try to make them believable or at least plausible. As for the resin one you'll have to pester Joe Cherrie as that was his job ;). I just decided to try another to check out a different buils appraoch and rectify some of the gaffs with the original one i did following access to better data.

Another factor was to try out a suitable British warload. The Red Tops and Blue Dolphin (radar guided red top) are from the Frog Sea Vixen, with the Blue dolphin being a red top with a pointed nose cone. The Red Hebe is based upon a 1/48 Sparrow with the fins replaced.

Cheers

G B)  

Archibald

Hello... It's to make a Delta III, particularly the air intakes :( . How did you do that? enterely from scratch or slaughtering a kit as basis?  
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.