Westland SingleWind

Started by Tophe, July 06, 2005, 11:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrick H

Looks a bit strange with the cockpit in that place but, as you said, its your model si you can do as you like.
Even this way, I like it and I think you're doing a fine job there.

:cheers:

Patrick
My webpage

The engines spit out fire, I'm pushed back in my chair
The pressure gives me thrills as we climb in the air

NARSES2

Going well there Tophe.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Sisko

Very cool tophe

:wub:  :wub:

Keep at it can't wait to see it finished.
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Tophe

Sanding what were the cockpit and port tailplane is done (or almost, I will see with paint on), so the model is close to being finished... I will not let my models waiting achievement during years like I did in the 1990s. This way, even very imperfect, modelism is a pure joy. Thanks to all, having turned me into it again :)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Gary

Dude, that is so sweet!!!
Getting back into modeling

John Howling Mouse

QuoteThanks to all, having turned me into it again :)
Looking good but don't thank us for getting you back into modeling just yet.
Wait til your wife finds out!   ^_^  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Tophe

QuoteWait til your wife finds out!   ^_^
Married in 2002, I am still a young-married :wub:
Dont you remember? "My wife is the most wonderful in the World..." :wub:  :wub:
And I get support (cross-stich art from my beloved one, birthday present 2003):

And Gary seems to have survived his wife finding out, doesn't he? Inventing aircraft that do not exist is not a crime, not a matter of divorce, unless blindly married to a JMN-girl (impossible: even accute love is not that severe...)

nev

Keep going Tophe - and I the way Mrs Tophe put all those twin boomers in her cross stich :)
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Tophe

Finished!
The plastic Tofland SingleWind is on the shelf (in front of an old Catalina)... It is completely out of balance on the plexiglas support but this is perfect there, like turning... (I am joking: as this is a model, not a flying aircraft, and the immobile propeller-blades and cold exhaust-pipes will remain sky-blue plastic, my way...)

Now, I have started the next one: Gotha 241 (to be seen in the twin-tail forum soon, both drawing and plastic...).

John Howling Mouse

A massive cheer goes up for you from Alberta, Tophe!
Way to go.  Beautifully clean, too.   :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

And I love the cross-stitch your wife made for you!  Do the two of you sit together doing your respective hobbies?

My wife sewed something for me once, too.  How do you say "muzzle" in French?

^_^  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

nev

Great job Tophe!

Is this your first finished kit in [insert number] years?
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Tophe

QuoteI love the cross-stitch your wife made for you!  Do the two of you sit together doing your respective hobbies? My wife sewed something for me once, too.  How do you say "muzzle" in French? ^_^
Well, my opinion is that modelism was the standard hobby for quiet boys while cross-stitch was the standard hobby for quiet girls. But I fully respect our Linzifox as modeller-girl, and my mother taught me cross-stitching when she saw I was not a sport-fan like my brother was. Enjoying silent handy-work is just the way I like living. No need of "muselière" (muzzle) for my quiet beloved wife :wub: . Alas, after 7 anesthesias disturbing my brains, I am less silent: I look around, see awful things, and note them which is forbidden, both at my work and on the Web, I will be muzzled probably, or killed we will see.
QuoteIs this your first finished kit in 1997-2005 years?
Yes, this was the first started again, but I finished 2 others previously, don't you remember the topic http://www.whatifmodelers.com/forum//index...?showtopic=6364 ?

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

lancer

Impressive Tophe, good work. Nice to see some of your ideas in 3D
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Tophe

QuoteGo Tophe!!
You're already back into the swing of modelling
I think I must tell you now: my going back into modellism came from this Airfix 1/72 Whirlwind gift made by a friend that is now a member here (a silent one though): Lark.
Thanks to him, I do not regret at all! Thanks again!