Main Menu

E-100

Started by Sisko, July 10, 2005, 04:07:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sisko

Well it took all weekend but the link and length tracks finally went on and the side skirts were mounted. I have come up with a process for link and length tracks and I have got it down to a fine art.

The kit supplied etched grills were glued into position and then it was off to the paint shop. The complete lower hull was painted.

Pics will be posted tonight my time.

I am not painting the turret yet as I have to mount the missle racks which I am building at the moment and this where I call for the assistance of my fellow wiffers.

What would look cooler mounting the missiles over the turret ala the sherman calliope or mount them to the side of the turret?

Get this Cheese to sick bay!

nev

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

mgp

Go for side mounting. The E-100 is so bloody big, there's plenty of room either side of the turret and the launchers would still be within the width of the vehicle with it's trackguards on.

I finished the nazi At-At/E-100 diorama last night. It looks hilarious  :lol:

Cheers
Mark
Hominem Iniocosum Non Diffidite

Sisko

Well as promised here is the inprogress pics.

I was leaning toward side mounting as when I placed tem on the top the exhaust woud have damaged the periscopes,

Sisko

Well as promised here is the in progress pics.

I was leaning toward side mounting as when I placed them on top the exhaust woud have damaged the periscopes.

nev

Sisko, that thing looks well hard just sitting there  :tank:  :tank:

And mgp, the people demand piccies!!!  :tank:  :tank:  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Captain Canada

Really cool......looks like a heavy piece of plastic !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Sisko

mmmmmm Double post weird.

I have started the rockets and supports last night. I am going to mount four each side of the turret and will have a support fixed to the mantlet so that they can be aimed using the main barrel.

This kit I am enjoying!!!!

Sisko

Well today I built the missile cradles and the mounting on the turret. I also painted the turret.

I am going to start the camo tommorrow and painting up the cradels and individual missiles.

Sisko

NARSES2

That's some serious heavy metal. So the rockets fire smoke shells so that the E-100 can creep in behind the screen ?

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Patrick H

Very neat piece of heavy armor Sisko. Looking forward on seeing it paited up.

:cheers:

Patrick
My webpage

The engines spit out fire, I'm pushed back in my chair
The pressure gives me thrills as we climb in the air

Sisko

This is sort of an assualt version used for street fighting.
The rockets are designed to take out bunkes and strong points that could hinder an advance.

Started the camo tonight hopefully tommorrow I will have some updated shots.

Sisko

FINISHED!!!!

It's finally done. It took a week to build and nearly a month to get to the fully painted stage. Lots of interruptions

Here are the pics it all painted and messed up. I really enjyed this kit and had a lot of fun building it. Hope you have enjoyed me sharing it with you.

I have taken a lot more pics that should be posted to my gallery page soon enough.

Regards Sisko

Sisko