DeHavilland P-77A Vampire Bat

Started by AeroplaneDriver, July 17, 2005, 12:23:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nev

Thats one sweet little model  :wub:  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

NARSES2

That's tremendous work - love it  :wub:

I have rocket assisted Sea Vampires in one of my backstories - havn't done the model yet though (plug - in current SIG Newsletter - end plug)

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Patrick H

To say its a cool little fighter is actually an understatement. It looks terrific, marvelous, wonderfull etc etc.

:cheers:

Patrick
My webpage

The engines spit out fire, I'm pushed back in my chair
The pressure gives me thrills as we climb in the air

lancer

Damm, that is one sweet little plane, I love it. Brilliantly executed build.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Aircav

Cool, very cool  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Captain Canada

QuoteNow I'm stuck in a hotel room in Miami for God-knows-how-long I feel lost. :(

You should have brought along the modelling essentials, then !

We we go on long work trips, I usually bring along a box of goodies....even if it's just to sand rivets off an old Airfix kit, you can still relax and get your 'fix' !

;)  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Radish

I always take some essential reading (mags/books) and the cutting board, knife, sanding sticks and at least one kit, just in case (rare) that I never come across a model shop.
Just to re-iterate though, the concept of that Vampire Bat is really nice.

Just thought....de Havilland originally called it the Spider Crab.

So.....new excited Squadron Leader says to his personnel....

"I say, whizzo chaps, they're giving us the 'Crabs!" :lol:  
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

retro_seventies

QuoteNow I'm stuck in a hotel room in Miami for God-knows-how-long I feel lost. 

iyyyyyyy don't - you sound so sad :P

especially after knocking out two great models in the last week, it's just not right!

here's what i do whenever i get packed off on a road trip, or on my hols  - i have a little wooden box that i got a multi tool and knife set in for father's day one year (from my dog - shut up!)...it holds 3 or 4 bagged 1/144 kits, a dozen little testors paints, a couple of glues, a tube of putty, a couple of knives, mini clamps and snips and pliers, about a dozen small emery boards, and is about 8" x 5" and about 2" deep...fits anywhere and provides entertainment anywhere.

"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

Scooterman

Leigh

QuoteNow I'm stuck in a hotel room in Miami for God-knows-how-long I feel lost. :(

A Hooker and a good bottle of whiskey always fixed that feeling for me, oh yeah now I remember why I stopped drinking.
Dammit man hurry back and build some more really cool models, I love that little thing, gonna enter it in the twin tail competition right?

I invite all and any criticism, except about Eric The Dog, it's not his fault he's stupid

Leigh's Models

AeroplaneDriver

When I was thinking of a name I almost fell back on the "Spider Crab" lineage to call it the "Tick" since that is an arachnid parasite.

As for modeling on the road...I dont usuallt try when I'm flying because of the hassle you can't carry much in the way of paints, glues, etc on an airplane and any kit packed in checked luggage is doomed.  My carryons are usually too full for a kit, so I just grin and bear it.  I just had my first simulator session this afternoon (intense 4 hours!), and now I'm off tomorrow, thursday, and the weekend, so I lay venture out to a hobby shop down here to find something to play with.  If anyone knows somewhere good in Miami let me know.

Oh well...after 4 hours in the sim I'm off next door for a well earned cold beer!

Nick
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Gary

BEER!

Did I hear someone say beer?

Where... Where?

Mmmmmmmm, golden, sweet secret lover... mmmmmm, beer.
Getting back into modeling

SinUnNombre

Down Gary! Bad snail, bad snail! :huh:

But seriously, thats a nice little model you got there Aeroplane Driver. It would be cool if you had a B-36 or whatever and could display it inside of the 36, and and and......ok, I'll stop now.

Jon :ar:  

Scooterman

QuoteBEER!

Did I hear someone say beer?

Where... Where?

Mmmmmmmm, golden, sweet secret lover... mmmmmm, beer.
Huh, what?  Did you mention beer?  Sorry couldn't hear you.  I was too busy drinking BEER! :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:  

Tophe

QuoteIt would be cool if you display it inside of the 36
Oh... :(  No, don't hide this beauty half-inside a B-36... :(
Or... :)  With a glass/plexiglas transparent fuselage, to appreciate... :)  
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]