Main Menu

On Dasher

Started by Gary, July 19, 2005, 09:58:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary

Well, do you recognise the office? Yep it's the Dash 8 from Hobbycrap.
Getting back into modeling

Gary

And here is the office inside the fuselage...

but wait, the engines, they don't look right. :P  

anthonyp

Now that looks cool!  Can't wait to see it finished.
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

Gary

Hey Baz, a T-tail for a new commuter from DeHaviland... the Dash 22... the Dash 9

Hmmm can't decide.

Neat thing is that the over all lift ability of the V22 engines is more than twice what's needed to lift a Dash 8-100, so to some degree, maybe possible sometime.
This is what you get when you combine a Dasher with a V-22. I discovered that the wing chord was the same length as the Dash 8's but the camber was a bit different. An easy conversion.

Aircav

Cool.................
drool................
me like...................
me like very much..............
me want..........................
me want now.........................
:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

AeroplaneDriver

Well that's just as cool as the other side of the pillow!

I only flew the Dash for about 300 hours, but God, I love that airplane, it's built like a tank.  I was always impressed by its ability to get up and down in a short distance, but nothing like this little beauty!
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Captain Canada

Wow Gary, you've really done it this time.....that's flippin' amazing !

May I suggest a clamshell rear door ?

Can't wait to see her painted......CANADIAN ! Is it heading down civvy street ? Or into the CAF ?

It's kinda funny, as I bought a V-22 and a Caribou to do the same thing to. I guess if I ever do mine, it will be the forerunner to yours ! I checked on the engine specs as well, and the Osprey weighs in alot heavier than the Bou......

:wub:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Scooterman

Yet another that "looks right".

Very nice!

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  

Jeffry Fontaine

Looks to me like you have a winning combination there.  Hope to see the finished project soon. 
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Ollie

Amazing!

What is she called eh?

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  

retro_seventies

i'm pretty excited about the B-side to this one....

a v-22 with dash wings  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  
"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

Alvis 3.1

If I recall, when Boeing had it's brief ownership of DeHavilland, they proposed several aircraft like this based on the V-22/Dash 7/8 bodies..nice to see one being built up tho..can't wait to see the comleted one!!

Alvis 3.1

rallymodeller

Now THAT's good lookin'! Dunno why I never thought of that myself!
--Jeremy

Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part...

More into Flight Sim reskinning these days, but still what-iffing... Leading Edge 3D

Leigh

Can't wait to see her painted......CANADIAN ! Is it heading down civvy street ? Or into the CAF ?

Watchoo talkin bout Willis it's obviously a Home Depot delivery vehicle for those hard to reach construction sites.

Gary that's cool :wub: Dude you are just on a roll lately keep it up mate.

I invite all and any criticism, except about Eric The Dog, it's not his fault he's stupid

Leigh's Models

John Howling Mouse

Ohmygod----------what a great idea!

And a T-Tail yet.   :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

I'll PM you with my mailing address.  This baby's going to look GREAT on MY shelf!!

:rolleyes:  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.