Turboprop Floatplane Torpedo Corsair UAV

Started by Spellbinder99, July 20, 2005, 08:50:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Wren

:wub:

looks even better with the racing canopy, Tony

cthulhu77

Love seeing the evolution in progress...fantastic !!!
         greg

Jeffry Fontaine

I have to admit that at first glance, the whole thing did not look quite right, but now after several visits, I am really starting to like that whole Wyvern prop conversion to the Corsair that you have created.  It is begining to look "right" to me at least as far as the engine modification go, the unmanned thing is a bit out of my league but I must say, it is looking impressive and I hope to see the finished project images soon. 
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

The Rat

Stand back lads, stand back, Spellbinder99 is moving to the front of the line for his free beer! :cheers:  :wub:

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

John Howling Mouse

RACING VERSION!  RACING VERSION!  RACING VERSION!  RACING VERSION!  RACING VERSION!  RACING VERSION!  RACING VERSION!  RACING VERSION!  RACING VERSION!  RACING VERSION!  you get the idea...

I had toyed with the idea of doing the contra-rotating props for my Morsair but thought it wouldn't balance out right.

But, for your slimline racing canopy, it just looks fantastic!!

Think of the racing schemes you could employ!!!    :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

RACING VERSION!  RACING VERSION!  RACING VERSION!  RACING VERSION!  RACING VERSION!  RACING VERSION!  RACING VERSION!  RACING VERSION!  RACING VERSION!  RACING VERSION!  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Spellbinder99

So a racing version it shall be. At least, for this build.... ;)

Nothing says I can't do it again for a "stock" military version later on, the Corsair is the 1/72 Revell F4U-5N so is easily available and I could sub the Aeroclub or Frog propellor assembly for the Trumpeter one.

I am sill attached to the floatplane version though. The landplane version may be a starter later as I just noticed that the Wyvern drop tanks if smoothed, extended at the attach points and with a wheel added would make a dead-swoopy looking fixed spatted undercarriage.....:)

Now, if I take the Academy/Minicraft 1/48th scale 5N and gut a Classic Airframes Wyvern, do you think it would piss the JMN's off?

On with the sanding....

Cheers

Tony