Stealtherized F-16

Started by Eddie M., July 21, 2005, 01:41:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cthulhu77

Ah, the true joy of a what-if model !!!!   Great stuff, and as Tophe stated, sure to give any nearby JMN a heart attack !!
          Cool !

greg

John Howling Mouse

Yowza, that last pair of pics is striking!  Have you already permanently attached the wings?  I was wondering what they might look like with about 10 degrees more sweep back...

What's the final paint/markings scheme to be: old Stealth black or the "new Stealth black (grey)"?????

Or do you ever consider a "prototype" scheme (see my old thread on yet another F-16T T-Tail below for example shots:

http://www.whatifmodelers.com/forum//index...c=2713&hl=f-16t

There was another thread showing all the steps to get the paint scheme done but it's now filled with just those nasty little red "Xs'" where images used to be.

I'll send some pics to you at home...

:mellow:  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Eddie M.

QuoteYowza, that last pair of pics is striking!  Have you already permanently attached the wings?  I was wondering what they might look like with about 10 degrees more sweep back...

You mean like this? It does look better this way, I must admit. ^_^ Thanks JHM. B)
  Eddie
Look behind you!

John Howling Mouse

Aw, crap...I have run out of Kleenex ™...

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  

PolluxDeltaSeven

It's a beautiful model you're doing !!

Great job!!

Just a question: what will you build with the F-117 fuselage??
A Navy's F-117 with swing wings?? a UCAV, or an hybrid with a A-10 ?? :lol:  :lol:  
"laissez mes armées être les rochers et les arbres et les oiseaux dans le ciel"
-Charlemagne-

Coming Soon in Alternate History:
-Battlefleet Galactica
-Republic of Libertalia: a modern Pirate Story

Hobbes

Cool!

Pollux: I think most of the F-117 fuselage has ended up on the F-16. Only the nose and the bottom plate will be left...

Eddie M.

QuoteCool!

Pollux: I think most of the F-117 fuselage has ended up on the F-16. Only the nose and the bottom plate will be left...
You are correct sir. I'll be using a good portion of the bomb bay area as well, so not much will be left over. Maybe enough to make some kind of Navy surface craft. Say now there's an idea. Use the top portion and make some kind of SEAL assault craft. Gosh, I love this site. It gets ya thinking about " What if I did this...."
   Eddie  
Look behind you!

nev

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Eddie M.

A couple of new progress photos. They're a bit big, but I wanted to show the level of butchery in this project. It might turn out okay. ^_^
  Eddie

Look behind you!

SinUnNombre

You know, that thing looks like it should be skipping across the water........Hmmm.....Intakes on top, exhaust on top, wedge-shaped fuselage/hull. Are you thinking what I'm thinking? New-age Sea Dart???? :f16:

Jon

PolluxDeltaSeven

Stealth sea plane fighter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  
-Charlemagne-

-Battlefleet Galactica

AeroplaneDriver

Man that thing looks cool.  IMHO the ugliest part of the 117 is the nose.  This fixes that problem in a major way!
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

overscan

Speaking of jet seaplanes....

A Lockheed concept.

Paul Martell-Mead / Overscan
"What if?" addict

PolluxDeltaSeven

QuoteSpeaking of jet seaplanes....

A Lockheed concept.

Man, I'm ... speechless :blink:  :blink:

It's so... BEAUTIFUL !!!!!!  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

(I LOVE sea planes ;) , if somebody has other picture as cool as this one, he'll become my friend for life :lol:  )

But about Eddie's concept, I think it could be a seaplane only with some protection for the engine and the nozzle... Maybe a upper engine??

Whatever, your hybrid is very cool!!
Did you have writen the backstory yet?? I'm interrested to know in which Air Force or Navy your bird serves ;)
-Charlemagne-

-Battlefleet Galactica

John Howling Mouse