Aw, look at the cute little Lynx

Started by Captain Canada, July 22, 2005, 04:49:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Hey !

Finally, I have some helo support for my small ships ! Merlins are too big, Sea Kings are big and old..........but Lynx's are just right !

:wub:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

cthulhu77

Hehheh...are you going to detail the cockpit????

neat little chopter...where did you pick that one up ?

greg

Captain Canada

Hey Greg,
  No way ! But I am gonna paint the windows ! I got them from my local hobby shop, they're White Ensign resin jobs w/ PE details. They're almost 8 British Pounds for three, but they'yr too cool !

:wub:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

AeroplaneDriver

I assume you wil be detailing the powerpant.  If not It's just another chunk of plastic....

:D  
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Captain Canada

I'm actually gonna super-detail it...by attempting to drill out the exhausts !]

:P

Also, the nose looks rather longish, like all the newer Lynx'. I'd like to find some good refs and try to file it down a little.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

cthulhu77

Also, the nose looks rather longish, like all the newer Lynx'. I'd like to find some good refs and try to file it down a little.
better use some 400 grit paper !!!  that is one tiny sucker!  looks good though, and worth the $$$$

AeroplaneDriver

A thought just struck me.  That thought was; "damn....that's a big bottle of beer..."
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Captain Canada

I wish !

I've only got 4 or five in house....so I'm holding off having my first. But, if the bottle was that big.........

;)

I just put a coat of primer on them, and they looked alot better before that ! Lots of dimples and mold lines......hard to get rid of as it's so easy to shave off the details.

:wacko:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

QuoteUp on the flight deck of the Air Defence Corvette HMCS Chignecto.........

The pic doesn't do it justice........with the macro setting on the camera, you get too much detail. She actually looks really good in real life !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

The Rat

Just add the 'No Step', 'Rescue', and other stencilling, some 'Remove before flight' tags, and she'll be looking like a winner!  ;)  
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

cthulhu77

notice he said "stenciling" not decals !!!!  looking good, brother !

Captain Canada

Sure Rat...easier said than done ! The pic makes it look alot bigger than it is.....

And here's the latest, on the ramp at RCNAS Shearwater, NS. Just waiting for Ensign Porter to arrive with the beer before we can take off, eh !

And nevster....look, I actually finishe done !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

retro_seventies

looking great toad - so what scale is that? 1/350?

"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

Ollie

So, how many cases of 24 can you airlift in one go Toad?

She looks great!

The Rat

[yorkshire] BAH! Why, when I were a lad we would have cut side door off, scratch-built interior, and added seat belts.  <_<  [/yorkshire]

Sweet little chopper Captain!  
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr