Kamov Ka-239 "Haggard"

Started by John Howling Mouse, July 23, 2005, 08:50:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ollie

Barry, did it ever hit you that you have the highest number of on progress threads on the board?

Come on, finish something!

:P

:wub:  :wub:  

Jeffry Fontaine

QuoteBarry, did it ever hit you that you have the highest number of on progress threads on the board?
Maybe so, but I think Glenn has more finished projects...
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

John Howling Mouse

QuoteBarry, did it ever hit you that you have the highest number of on progress threads on the board?

Come on, finish something!

:wub:  :wub:
Ah yes, but then, one fine day, Ma, there'll be completed models practically fallin' outta the sky, you'll see, Ma!  You'll see!!

:rolleyes:

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Jeffry Fontaine

QuoteAh yes, but then, one fine day, Ma, there'll be completed models practically fallin' outta the sky, you'll see, Ma!  You'll see!!
If that happens it will mean that your display shelves will have finally collapsed under the weight of all that plastic...
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Ollie

Barry, I'm like Saint Thomas, I'll believe it when I'll see it!

cthulhu77

I'm on the road from Damascus too....

John Howling Mouse

Trust the Styrene, Luke!

:)  

cthulhu77

"the scales have fallen from my eyes!"

nev

QuoteBarry, I'm like Saint Thomas, I'll believe it when I'll see it!

QuoteI'm on the road from Damascus too....

Greg, that was Paul, not Thomas  ;)

As for Barry, I've figured him out.  No, really!   :D

He likes scratchbuilding and kit-bashing the best.  Notice how all his models seem to get to the main construction complete stage and stall?  Then he goes off and starts another project which involves cutting up lots of plastic card and bits of models.

Having seen some of Barrys completed work I KNOW that its not because he can't paint, because he has some of the best finished models I've ever seen.

So what was I saying again...?
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

cthulhu77

"Greg, that was Paul, not Thomas"

Hey, you got three saints in one sentence !!!  You get a golden cookie on sunday now !  (I was a horrible acolyte, and ended up drinking too much of the wine )

I think this one is going to be a hell of a helicopter...

nev

:D  :D   :lol:

Sounds like something out of a movie about the Vatican City starring Leslie Nielson...  :lol:  :lol:  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

John Howling Mouse

QuoteHe likes scratchbuilding and kit-bashing the best.  Notice how all his models seem to get to the main construction complete stage and stall?  Then he goes off and starts another project which involves cutting up lots of plastic card and bits of models.

Having seen some of Barrys completed work I KNOW that its not because he can't paint, because he has some of the best finished models I've ever seen.

Thanks for the compliment, Nev.
And I do think you've pretty much got me pegged.  Oh, and the fact that I usually end up against some ugly hurdle I'm not sure how to overcome (i.e. dreaded vac-forming of custom canopies I have to start doing:   :(  :unsure:   )

Eddie M.

QuoteHe likes scratchbuilding and kit-bashing the best.  Notice how all his models seem to get to the main construction complete stage and stall?  Then he goes off and starts another project which involves cutting up lots of plastic card and bits of models.

Thanks for the compliment, Nev.
And I do think you've pretty much got me pegged.  Oh, and the fact that I usually end up against some ugly hurdle I'm not sure how to overcome (i.e. dreaded vac-forming of custom canopies I have to start doing:   :(  :unsure:   )
Birds of a feather.....I'm the same way about finishing models also. It's been VERY hard not to start my F-15/106. I'm very much anticipating your progress on this one, although I'm overjoyed that you've picked up the Morsair again. Ahhh...what some of us wouldn't give to be able to work on models a week straight without interruptions. Thanks for all the work your doing Barry, you're my inspiration in Whatiffery! :)
   Eddie  
Look behind you!

Jeffry Fontaine

QuoteAnd I do think you've pretty much got me pegged.  Oh, and the fact that I usually end up against some ugly hurdle I'm not sure how to overcome (i.e. dreaded vac-forming of custom canopies I have to start doing:   :(  :unsure:   )
Barry, you know that we always like to cheer for the guy that is trying to succeed against all odds, you are the "underdog" or at least the WHIF version or the underdog.  So keep you chin up and know that even through all of the BS we are giving you at the moment, we still have high hopes of seeing you finish at least one of your projects before the year comes to a close.   

John Howling Mouse

Thanks, guys.  There are many times when it is the members on this site that keep me going in the model business!

And about this Ka-239, I have a question:  

For this ugly beast, I intend to affix fairly substantial winglets (from a P-51) laiden down with ordnance like the Hind and Apache, etc.

I plan on having some air-to-ground missiles, a rocket launcher pod, and a fuel tank on each winglet.  

I would really like to have a vertically stacked pair of 20 mm cannons (from the Tamiya FLAKVIERLING38MISd.Ah.52 are-they-serious-with-these-designations? kit)
on the outer tip of the winglets.  Maybe able to pivot up and down, maybe just fixed.

Question is:
Could such cannon be "belt-fed" from the fuselage or would they have to have the limited capacity magazines that you see on the flak-guns?  Maybe I will invent some kind of cartridge chute and channel that is affixed down the whole length of the winglet from a slot in the fuselage for the rounds to feed the cannons.  I don't know.

Sorry, but I know very little about things that go "bang."

:dum: