Kamov Ka-239 "Haggard"

Started by John Howling Mouse, July 23, 2005, 08:50:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leigh

Well there's a myth disproven
JHM does actually own some paint! :P  

I invite all and any criticism, except about Eric The Dog, it's not his fault he's stupid

Leigh's Models

John Howling Mouse

This is basically the look I'm going after:

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

K5054NZ

What on earth is that cockpit from? Doesn't look familiar to me at all.

And I should know: devout rotorhead since birth (probably earlier).

Eastern European, surely?

BlackOps

Well, it looks OK I guess, I'll bet reams of beading wire would have made all the difference   :P

These are both looking really great...the detail you added on the inside really makes them pop! Look forward to seeing more progress :)

Jeff G.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

K5054NZ

Just looked at the most recent pictures...I wish these forums allowed full, unrestricted use of profanities. EEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! Hang on, I've just remembered something in my bookshelf...

From AIR International, October 1999
"From our Russian Correspondent
"The Kamov Design Bureau's latest aircraft was unveiled in Moscow mid-September to a flurry of publicity and a somewhat misguided advertising campaign.
"The design, the Ka-239 Sword (nicknamed "Haggard" in the NATO designation system) is fitted with twin uncowled Tumanskii turbojets and Kamov's trademark contra-rotating rotor system. The aircraft was designed for the general utility role, but stub wings are fitted providing carriage for an undisclosed amount of ordnance.
"The aircraft has been the subject of an advertising campaign across Eastern Europe, unfortunately using the hit song "U-G-L-Y" by Western pop group Daphne and Celeste, resulting in poor advance orders for the type.
"If accepted into service, the Haggard could be seen in the skies above Russia as soon as 2001."

John Howling Mouse

QuoteJust looked at the most recent pictures...I wish these forums allowed full, unrestricted use of profanities. EEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! Hang on, I've just remembered something in my bookshelf...

From AIR International, October 1999
"From our Russian Correspondent
"The Kamov Design Bureau's latest aircraft was unveiled in Moscow mid-September to a flurry of publicity and a somewhat misguided advertising campaign.
"The design, the Ka-239 Sword (nicknamed "Haggard" in the NATO designation system) is fitted with twin uncowled Tumanskii turbojets and Kamov's trademark contra-rotating rotor system. The aircraft was designed for the general utility role, but stub wings are fitted providing carriage for an undisclosed amount of ordnance.
"The aircraft has been the subject of an advertising campaign across Eastern Europe, unfortunately using the hit song "U-G-L-Y" by Western pop group Daphne and Celeste, resulting in poor advance orders for the type.
"If accepted into service, the Haggard could be seen in the skies above Russia as soon as 2001."
Very coooool, thanks!   ;)  

K5054NZ

Hey, what can I say? i'm a journalist - it's my job to make bullsh*t believable! Glad you like...if you need any more just ask!

The Rat

YIKES! That level of detail is well beyond me, now you know why I work in 1/95th, 1/170th, 1/200th,...  :P  
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

nev

Baz, that faded/cracked leather effect on those seats is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Ollie

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  

John Howling Mouse

So, I'm going to try out the wife's magnifying thingies for the first time while painting the homemade harness belts on the seats.  Yes, those are little bits of alum. foil as buckles on the masking tape belts. The masking tape belts will remain as is (unpainted) as I like the color.  The gold foil ones have to be painted to match the masking tape color.

Funny thing is, the whole time I was applying the curled up foil ones (cut from the gold foil on a chocolate coin), I kept thinking "This would be a lot easier if I painted the foil strips FIRST, then applied them."

Yet, in typical Bazsania fashion, I kept right on going.  Now, this is going to be fun painting them in situ !

The Rat

:huh:  :o  :blink:  :wub:

I truly, madly, deeply, don't know what the hell to say.

You ought to get paid for this.

:cheers:  
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Brian da Basher

Mr. Howling Mouse that is incredibleamazing stuff you're doing on that russki whirlybird! Words fail me sir. Those are the most realistic seats I've ever seen! And I never even notice seats or put seats in my own builds. Your work is just absofrickinlutely unbelievable!

Taking a (back) seat now,
Brian da Basher

Shasper

You sir are absolutly M A D  ;)  :D , keep up the good work!

Shas (who's got a super-detailed Mv-22 in -progress sittin at the house collecting dust :( ) B)

Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

K5054NZ

Wow! She may be ugly, but she still looks pretty from a detail POV!

Damit, where is a bowing smilie?