Kamov Ka-239 "Haggard"

Started by John Howling Mouse, July 23, 2005, 08:50:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian da Basher

Mr. Howling Mouse you've got that distressed leather thing down pat! I dunno if the Magnalenses™ are responsible, but yours is the work of a detailing master!

Brian da Basher

John Howling Mouse

Thanks, guys.  I feel kinda like a moron today due to the time I've put into the pilot seats.  Some people could finish a 1:72 kit in the time I've taken on having a bunch of spots for the crew to park their butts.

Oh well, they will be my own original butt-holders once they're done, I suppose.

Hopefully have pics of the crew seats tomorrow.

:dum:  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

The Rat

QuoteSome people could finish a 1:72 kit in the time I've taken on having a bunch of spots for the crew to park their butts.
Yeah, we could. And those seats would still look better than most of the models we would finish, so, what's yer point?  ;)

Don't think of them as work Baz, think of them as inspiring the rest of us!  :cheers:  
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

K5054NZ

I was so inspired by you Baz that I've just finished putting tape belts onto my 1:72 Hughes 500C deerhunter. Normal clear sticky tape! HAHAHAHA!!!!!

Sorry, must take pills.

John Howling Mouse

Scratchbuilt crew seats for both helos now taking shape.  Various home-mixed metallic greys with silver wear and even dirtied headrests.  And, yes, I get to make even more seatbelts, I suppose (will paint the foil FIRST this time, though):

And the little bases the seats will be mounted to (weathered and dirtied up, too):

BlackOps

Them seats sure is purty...to bad they ain't 1/72    :P

Looking really nice Barry. These are going to be the best lookin' ugly choppers anyone has ever seen!

Jeff G.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

nev

You never cease to amaze me Baz  :o  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

The Rat

SHOLY HIT!!!

They look so real you could probably sniff the old farts in them...  :blink:  
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

K5054NZ

:o Is it okay that I'm in love with your seats, Baz? Terrific! You never cease to amaze and inspire.

retro_seventies

QuoteThey look so real you could probably sniff the old farts in them...

LOL  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

sooooo....ummm...when does the ugly part begin?  :wub:  
"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

Leigh

QuoteThanks, guys.  I feel kinda like a moron today due to the time I've put into the pilot seats.  Some people could finish a 1:72 kit in the time I've taken on having a bunch of spots for the crew to park their butts.

So are you gonna be building a really ugly crew to go in those amazing seats?

For starters may I suggest replicas of Toad and Kate Garraway?

I invite all and any criticism, except about Eric The Dog, it's not his fault he's stupid

Leigh's Models

retro_seventies

QuoteFor starters may I suggest replicas of Toad and Kate Garraway?

almost choked to death on turkey and stuffing sandwich you git!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  
"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

Brian da Basher

Aye carrumba Mr. Howling Mouse! Truly incredible work there sir! Let me know if you get enough free time to help me with my 1/1 scale living room interior.  ;)

Brian da Basher

John Howling Mouse

So, this is kinda funny.  No false modesty intended either as I pretty much ripped a nut pulling these GD seats together.

But just tonight, as I finished my own helo crewseats, I happened across an ARC forum posting wherein some very talented modeler is doing a Hughes helo in 1:48 with INCREDIBLE seat harnesses and buckles.  I mean incredible!  Believe Zac in NZ has replied to this posting so he's seen it and knows how good this guy's seats and details look.

And then I looked at my own scratchbuilt seats made with painted bits of gold foil that chocolates come in and buckles/etc. made with tin foil ... :P

Oh well, I can only hope that the other modeler's work was done with aftermarket photo-etched bits from Waldron or Eduard!   And, after all, mine are my own little (unique) design concept, too.

So, here is the initial concept sketch and the resulting, finished crew-seats:

K5054NZ

WOW! Top notch Baz!

Yeah, Alessandro the ARC guy is a Hughes god! HE HAS CREW HEADSETS IN THE BACK!!!! Epic stuff! Makes me a little embarassed to show my 72 "superdetailed" 500 there, but wow, the guy is amazing!