Kamov Ka-239 "Haggard"

Started by John Howling Mouse, July 23, 2005, 08:50:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Howling Mouse

QuoteProgress. Pretty please. Or else I'll get Lana to bite you.
Threaten Lana that I will take her picture!   :P

I have actually had to resort to a step-by-step spreadsheet to plan out how I'm going to finish this thing.  Since a good deal of it is scratchbuilt, there are a lot of unknowns to figure out.

But it is coming, I promise!
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

B777LR

progress report. Whats happening. When will the ugly thing be finished?

John Howling Mouse

Quoteprogress report. Whats happening. When will the ugly thing be finished?
The two beasts are on hiatus (SP?) while I try to figure out the best way to proceed.  Because so much of this is really a scratchbuild, I'm afraid I'll do something really stupid and irreversable like putting the fuselage halves together AFTER I realize some critical details that had to be assembled into them while they were still apart.

Planning Spreadsheet it is, for now.
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

B777LR

The best what if modeler on this website wont even make progress.

Eddie M.

QuoteThe best what if modeler on this website wont even make progress.
And while we are waiting for the next progress report from JHM, why don't you give us a sneek peek at some photos of your on going projects. Thanks in advance. :)
    Eddie
Look behind you!

retro_seventies

QuoteAnd while we are waiting for the next progress report from JHM, why don't you give us a sneek peek at some photos of your on going projects. Thanks in advance.

ooooooooooooh eddie miller, you bitch...  :lol:  :lol:  
"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

Eddie M.

QuoteAnd while we are waiting for the next progress report from JHM, why don't you give us a sneek peek at some photos of your on going projects. Thanks in advance.

ooooooooooooh eddie miller, you bitch...  :lol:  :lol:
Well........He seems to have a lot of opinions about the work or lack there of  going around here, so I figured he'd be open to our opinions of his work. Fair play, don't you think?
   Eddie
Look behind you!

retro_seventies

QuoteFair play, don't you think?

i wouldn't expect you to play any other way, sir.  :cheers:  
"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

K5054NZ

Ed, I'm glad you said it before I did.....

But I agree wholeheartedly - ask NICELY for pics, don't criticise their work. We're like one big happy whiffy family, not Hyperscale.

No offence to Hyperscale folk.

B777 - SHOW US THE MODELS!!!!!!!!

B777LR

yes, once in have figured out what paintscheme to paint an F16 in. (an user that doesnt use it)
I am thinking of an czech F16 or polish F16 (not really what if in a few months), british airways F16, RAF F16, Luftwaffe, italian air force, spanish air force, NASA F16 (does this excist), D-Day f16, Hungarian F16, Romanian F16 or brazilian F16. Maybe i have some canadian air force decals somwhere. Im a low cost modeler (coz im only 15 years old) so i use only what decals i have. (donations welcome, just send an email)
If i decide today i could have it finished by this weekend.

cthulhu77

Glad you saw that before one of us with tempers did, Eddie.  Sigh.  Sometimes work and life get in the way of model building !

AeroplaneDriver

Quoteyes, once in have figured out what paintscheme to paint an F16 in. (an user that doesnt use it)
I am thinking of an czech F16 or polish F16 (not really what if in a few months), british airways F16, RAF F16, Luftwaffe, italian air force, spanish air force, NASA F16 (does this excist), D-Day f16, Hungarian F16, Romanian F16 or brazilian F16. Maybe i have some canadian air force decals somwhere. Im a low cost modeler (coz im only 15 years old) so i use only what decals i have. (donations welcome, just send an email)
If i decide today i could have it finished by this weekend.
I'd go with the D-Day F-16.  I've been toying with the idea of a parallel build of an F-16/P-51 or F-18/F-4U but basically swapping schemes and markings.  

Go for it, and dont forget the progress pics!!
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

B777LR

ok, but most of the kit has been built, and i have spent 1 week just sanding and puttying to nose.
i might be able to convert my old avro RJ85 into the modern DC3. I can also do the F16 in ugandan markings.

Leigh

I have actually had to resort to a step-by-step spreadsheet to plan out how I'm going to finish this thing.
Spreadsheet :blink: OK Barry this is taking AMS to a new and dangerous level.
At some point in the next six months I think it best for the health of you and those around you, that you build an Airfix or Matchbox kit, with no scratchbuilding , and painted with rattle cans.

I invite all and any criticism, except about Eric The Dog, it's not his fault he's stupid

Leigh's Models

BlackOps

:lol:  Now that is good advice! I have been thinking about building a down and dirty quickie just so I can work on something and feel like I finished one.

I don't know if Barrycould build one staight out of the box with no frills without breaking into a cold sweat ;)

Jeff G.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.