some off my earlier "what if"s

Started by Spey_Phantom, July 24, 2005, 05:46:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spey_Phantom

here are some off my first what if attempts that didnt turn out so good, just thought id share this with you.

Vampire FB.Mk 15 "Belgian Air Force" 1/72

F-23A Black Widow II "Netherlands Air Force"

Su-47 Berkut "Finnish Air Force"

and finaly, a 1/144 scale RAF Phantom FGR.3

what do you think  :huh:  
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Tophe

I think they are very nice :wub:  Thanks for posting them :)  (The Vampire twin-boom of Belgium is my favourite of this lot ;) )
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Jack Bobson

Very interesting Nils!

I too did a Phantom 'FGR3' more than 20 years ago in 1/72 scale using an FG.1 and F4E but I can't remember what kits they were but it was not Matchbox and not Airfix for the F4E. It was well before the modern British Phantom kits came on the market and I seem to remember that the FG.1 was well riveted! Can anyone shed any light on what kit this was?

Martin H

Must have been the Frog kit.  Still find plenty of them kicking around 2nd hand dealers over here.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Strange that.... I was contemplating an Phantom R1 - a RF-4E in No2 or 41 Sqn markings to keep company with my Viggen R1.... Hmmmm.

Thanx for the inspiration, Nils. Nice models too !

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Patrick H

Neat stuff Nils, especially the Belgium Vampire offcours    :rolleyes:

:cheers:

Patrick
My webpage

The engines spit out fire, I'm pushed back in my chair
The pressure gives me thrills as we climb in the air

NARSES2

I do like that Belgian Vampire - and I've got loads of Belgian roundels and squadron markings ?

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

puddingwrestler

yeah, I'm not seeing pics either...
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

frank2056

Quote from: puddingwrestler on July 15, 2008, 03:17:38 PM
yeah, I'm not seeing pics either...

I'm not seeing them either - must be a browser/forum combination bug. But if you quote Nils' message, you can see the links.

Jeffry Fontaine

The original source for the images is not on WHIF, it appears to have been an on-line image storage site that is no longer a valid link.  If you ask Nils nicely, maybe he can go in and edit his original thread with updated links to the images.
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

gooberliberation

:angry: For some inexplicable reason, maj.com became majhost.com, screwing up all of mine and Nils' hotlinked photos.
================================
"How about this for a headline for tomorrows paper? French fries." ~~ James French, d. 1966 Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.

Spey_Phantom

ive changed the links now, but they wont be shown for long, as i will be taking new photographs of the models, except for the phantom FGR.3, as that whiff is now scrapped  -_-
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

B777LR

The Finnish Berkut is really pretty :wub:

philp

thanks for putting the pics back.  some nice builds.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

bexwh773

Quote from: Nils on July 24, 2005, 05:46:52 AM
and finaly, a 1/144 scale RAF Phantom FGR.3

what do you think  :huh:  

I like that one alot and a cracking idea  :thumbsup:

Bex
Becky aka Bex