Main Menu

De-lurking

Started by BlackOps, July 24, 2005, 01:01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackOps

Hi guys, been lurking about for a week or two and thought maybe I should crawl out of my dark hidey hole and say hi. This is a great board with lots of talented folks here :)

I have recently re-discovered modeling after 20+ year absence so bear with me.

Here is one of my first projects that I started about two months ago then got busy but am now getting back to.

F-40 Ghost Strike Fighter

I have not yet decided whether or not to build it gear up or gear down.

Jeff G.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Welcome Jeff

Pull-up a beer and enjoy. Like the Ghost Fighter.... keep the pics coming, sir.

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Martin H

Welcome to the nut house. As the other lads would say, leave your sanity at the front desk, pull up a chair and a beer.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Ollie

Welcome aboard!

Nice model, BTW.

Where ya from, eh?

;)  

BlackOps

Fresno, California USA....let me tell you when you see all of those beautiful pictures of the beach with hot chicks in bikini's well this ain't it! ;)

Fresno is just about in the center of California and it is pretty much a desert...it has been about 107 degrees Farenheight for the past 3 weeks give or take five degrees.

Too hot to get motivated to do much.

Jeff G.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Geoff_B

Welcome aboard

Well its mid july in the UK and its pissing down with rain, just to make you feel a little better.

Geoff B

cthulhu77

Here ya brother...Phoenix is a blistering hell at the moment...too hot for bikinis, even !!!
 Glad to have you here !

greg

Sisko

107F is about 42 dgerees C that is hot!!!!!!!

We get summers like that. the best thing to do is crank up the A/C and stay inside and model.

I tried painting a model on a day like that but the air was so hot the paint was drying as it left the airbrush. Ended up with a textured finish not unlike a cast effect.

Hmmm a fully cast aircraft.  
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

The Rat

"It all started in a little 5000-watt radio station in Fresno, California..." - Ted Baxter  :P

Welcome to the craziest modeling site on the net...,

And that's a good thing!  :cheers:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Captain Canada

Fresno Smooth ! Great flick, eh ?

:P

Welcome aboard, buddy ! Great looking model, net and weird ! The F-35 looks pretty tough with the gear down, as most naval types do, so I'd go that route.

Cheers !
And speaking of hot, wit's 10 o'clock at night, and with the humidity outside it's about 120 !

Yowzers..........
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Patrick H

Welcome aboard Jeff.
Your F 40 looks pretty good with that big Tornado fin. Keep them piccies koming

:cheers:

Patrick
My webpage

The engines spit out fire, I'm pushed back in my chair
The pressure gives me thrills as we climb in the air

lancer

Welcome aboard Jeff. I love the F40, especially the proposed colour scheme. Looks brilliant. The back story is also bloody good too.  Looks like you're going to fit in well with us loonies.....
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

markm70

Welcome Jeff,
I too De-lurked a few weeks ago and glad to have joined this group, it is alot of fun and a great bunch of guys :D   As well, it is a great diversion from the serious modeling.  Enjoy!

Mark M

cthulhu77

QuoteAs well, it is a great diversion from the serious modeling.  

Yaarggh !  We take our whiffing very seriously. No really.
    Whose turn is it to buy pints????

greg

BlackOps

Thanks for the warm welcome...hope I can contribute something worth while once in a while!

Jeff G.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.