Belgian Viggen

Started by Tophe, July 25, 2005, 11:26:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

Dear Pat,
I have discovered your great homepage today, and been surprisingly interested by the Belgian Viggen story (at
http://highandlow.topcities.com/scale%20mo.../BAF_Viggen.htm ):
in the 1960s proposed instead of Mirage 5. Is it all invented or do you just imagine the other candidate would have won?
What I knew is the Mirage 5BA/BD in service then the Sell of the Century (Belgium+Netherlands+Denmark+Norway) involving in the mid-1970s Viggen vs. Mirage F1E (and YF-17/YF-16/F-5E)... was that a second match in Belgium with the Viggen? What improvement made the once refused Viggen come again?
Anyway, nice model...
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Spey_Phantom

treuly, a work off art, verry nice
*i gotta get one  :D *  
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

cthulhu77

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!  Nice one !

NaOH

elmayerle

QuoteWhat I knew is the Mirage 5BA/BD in service then the Sell of the Century (Belgium+Netherlands+Denmark+Norway) involving in the mid-1970s Viggen vs. Mirage F1E (and YF-17/YF-16/F-5E)... was that a second match in Belgium with the Viggen? What improvement made the once refused Viggen come again?
Anyway, nice model...
Perhaps Volvo Flygmotor developed a RM8C using the core of the later JT8D-200 series engines instead of ealrier JT8D's.  That would be decidedly better performance.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Patrick H

thanks guys,
Tophe, actually, most of the story is pure fiction.
The Viggen was one of the possibilites when the Belgian governement was looking into the aquisition of new aircraft to replace the F 104. Amongst other candidates as you've already mentioned. But that was much later.
My story on it in competition with the Mirage V is just a twisted timeline with it replacing a diffrent aircraft then it could have replaced several years later, that's all.
Glad you liked it though and that you like my homepage also  :P

:cheers:

Patrick
My webpage

The engines spit out fire, I'm pushed back in my chair
The pressure gives me thrills as we climb in the air

Captain Canada

Yup, shear beauty, Patrick ! Tose colours with those roundels.....

Mmmmm............... :wub:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Gary

Very nifty. I love seeing the browns in the cammo on a Viggee. I's almost expect it to come rippen over the hill at Sum Suk Long in 1970 laying a trail of Napalm behind her.
Getting back into modeling