Main Menu

FF1

Started by Glenn, July 25, 2005, 07:38:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn

This photo shows a Grumman FF1 over Panama. Taken with the new Kodak Kodochrome film from an other member of the squadron.
C. 1934.

Model :Glenco 1/48th Grumman Duck.
Modifications: Removed float, re-vamped lower fuselage/new tail/modified tailplanes/shortened lower wing
Paintnig details: Squadron books, Grumman Bi-plane Navy Fighters.

Photo modified with 'speed mode' to make it look like early colour film.

Tophe

Great model :wub:  and great picture :wub: , as usual, dear :) ... It is funny to invent a flying barrel from a complicated seaplane :D , congratulations for both the idea and the ability to build it, to make it real...
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

elmayerle

*Evil Grin* Did you save the removed float portion?  The though occurs to me that it might be interestingly combined with a Wildcat kit.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

The Rat

Momma don't take my Kodachrome
Momma don't take my Kodachrome
Momma don't take my Kodachrome awa-a-ay

- Paul Simon

Nice stuff!  
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

NARSES2

Terrific work and photo Glenn - I love those USN 30's colours

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Glenn

The float turned into a Loening OL-8, after a lot of hard work.
Glenn

Gary

That's a bundle of good looking work there guy!
Getting back into modeling

John Howling Mouse

Oh that's a weird coincidence: about 3 weeks ago, I carved off the float from my Classic Airframes Duck (for molding the float itself) and thought: cool-looking biplane I'll be left with!
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.