Heinkel He-362

Started by Tophe, August 04, 2005, 11:07:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

Like my old Mirage 2000 that had to be whatiffed or something to still please me, I have faced my very old He 162 (1/72, built in 1977 I think).
Personally, I don't like the in-service planes of the bad (while I fully respect the ones enjoying such a subject) so I cut off the nose gun, then I would have liked to scratch off the swastikas, but they were too solidly fixed. So I decided to discard the fins, and that was what-ifingly pleasant, though all the starboard tailplane fell away doing that. No problem, let me glue it again, and differently: inverted V? Or: a canard may be even better... I did it and, as the long tail was now ugly, out of balance, I cut it off... The He 362 was born.
He-162/Me-262/He-362/Me-462... the family is almost complete – and I will post the He 662 on the twin-tail forum, "twin-whilwind & others" topic...

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

NARSES2

Don't know whay but that looks like it would mke a nice little "parasite" fighter.

Well done Tophe - good to see your'e as creative with the plastic as you are with the graphics

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Patrick H

Looks cool, I especialy like the wingtips bent down. Nice touch

:cheers:

Patrick
My webpage

The engines spit out fire, I'm pushed back in my chair
The pressure gives me thrills as we climb in the air

The Rat

Terrific Tophe!

QuoteLooks cool, I especialy like the wingtips bent down. Nice touch

Patrick

Actually the real 162 had those. It was a way of preventing a phenomenon known as 'tip stall', in which the tips of the wings stall before any other part and cause a spin if one wingtip drops suddenly.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

John Howling Mouse

Great idea.  Very doable.

Perhaps some sort of unarmed research airplane?
Studying weather systems?
Taking photos?
Scanning for rainbows.

No death in Tophe's skies-----I respect that!

:wub:  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Tophe

QuoteDon't know whay but that looks like it would mke a nice little "parasite" fighter.
Well done Tophe - good to see your'e as creative with the plastic as you are with the graphics
Yes! Thanks for this parasite idea! I did not realized that with the tail off the length was as short as a XF-85 Goblin... AND that gives a reason for having no landing gears! And the circle above the jet is the device to be hooked inside the carrier :)  :wacko:

Concerning my talent in plastic handling, thanks for supporting, but I understand it is not serious... There are great masters here and I am just a fan of them. Moreover, this He162 was built when I was 13 years old, ignoring even what putty was... Haven't you noticed the awful air-intake?

Tophe

QuoteI especialy like the wingtips bent down.
Actually the real 162 had those.
Yes, see for instance the realistic model at http://www.rlm.at/galerie/26/DSCN2988.jpg
The what-ifing part was just about the tail and nose, but that is an idea, yes, we could install wingtips bent down on different aircraft, where this is just what-if... :)  

Tophe

QuoteScanning for rainbows.
No death in Tophe's skies-----I respect that! :wub:
Great words... thanks a lot!
Scanning rainbows... Poetry in jet-flying...  

Tophe

JMN (inspector & judge): - Hey! You stupid what-ifer, the RLM code 362 was not for Heinkel but for Messerschmitt!
Myself (indicted & victim): - I know some 262Z have been coded 362 by modellers instead of 462 but...
- Hey! The 262Z had never been designed by Messerschmitt engineers! The Me 362 was an actual project of 3-engined airliner! Source: German Aircraft of the Second World War, Putnam, holy reference!
- yes, airliners for peaceful tourists after Germany has crushed USSR and USA, I let you dream...
- Shut up, stupid! RLM was not meaning Military but Air Ministry!
- my He 362 was an airliner too: the pilot had room behind him to carry both his dog and turtle, for pleasant travel... let we dream...
- Silence! Doctor! Injection! Triple dose!
- I understand: triple for 362, and twice for my Twin 662 Zwilling...

Tophe

QuoteThe Me 362 was an actual project of 3-engined airliner! Doctor! Injection! Triple dose!
- outch! :(
- The medicine will take effect in less than 3 minutes, don't worry! ^_^
- all right, well, maybe the 362 was an Heinkel-Messerschmitt Zwilling: 162+262=362, 3-jet project, yes: Heinsserschmitt HMe-362... :wacko:
- And airliner?! :dum:  One minute left! ^_^
- uh,  yes, with windows and a panoramic room ahead: Messerschkel MHe-362... :wacko:

- Effect! :D
- . :unsure:  :zzz:  

Patrick H

QuoteActually the real 162 had those
It did???? Indeed, it did  :dum:  :dum:
Never noticed that and I've seen the real stuff in Hendon also.  :(

:cheers:

Patrick
My webpage

The engines spit out fire, I'm pushed back in my chair
The pressure gives me thrills as we climb in the air

Tophe

QuoteDon't know whay but that looks like it would mke a nice little "parasite" fighter.
Chris
By the way, it was exactly like that in my shelf: the old little He 362 parasite (1/72) was released by the old Giant P-51D (1/32) mothership...
Well, I am rather ashamed of this P-51: the yellow line is awful, like shivering, the pilot face is bright orange... done at 13 years old. I will do better P-51s/P-82s in 2005-2006 I promess, all 1/72.
 (Chris)tophe

John Howling Mouse

Well, I am rather ashamed of this P-51: the yellow line is awful, like shivering, the pilot face is bright orange... done at 13 years old. I will do better P-51s/P-82s in 2005-2006 I promess, all 1/72.
  (Chris)tophe
We've all been there, trust me, Tophe.   ^_^

Well, maybe not Ollie.  I have a sneaking suspicion even his first models were show quality!

And a school-aged Eddie could probably shake together the contents of three or four kitboxes and come out with a winner everytime.

And I picture Thorvic looking at a kit's contents even as a kid and saying "What do I need this stuff for?" as he scratchbuilt something in his own image.

Maybe Wooksta as a young lad would go to the model store every week, shake his head and say "It's not here yet.  I don't know what it is but I'll know it when I see it..." (until one day the TSR2 design became public).

Well, okay, Tophe-----you and I have been there, at least: shakey painted lines, orange pilot faces, painted over cockpits...
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Tophe

Thanks for the psychologic help, Doctor... You are right, common children (like some of us were) should be welcome in modelism, improving step by step, without being disgusted by broad laughters in the JMN way...

Allan

Hi Blokes,

Well, as for me, when I was about 14-15 I use to make lots of those 1/72 scale WW1 fighters put out by Revell and

used to paint the pilot figure uniformly, solidly black.

And I had no idea what modelling putty was, so one day I used a small piece of scotch tape to cover a hole in a Mustang I was making.

Makes my shiver just to think of it now.

Allan in Canberra