current Ilmavoimat aircraft information ...

Started by TsrJoe, August 26, 2005, 06:11:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TsrJoe

and again ...
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

TsrJoe

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

GTX

Quote from: TsrJoe on September 09, 2008, 02:55:29 AM
scoop...a test print of the next 'Galdecals' Finnish decal sheet ...

Definite whiff potential there!

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

GTX

Now, where have I seen that background before:

Are here it is (slightly different angle):

Must try to get pics of all operators NH-90 variants in same area.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

TsrJoe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yY_xI-vn6U&feature=related

the above video shows a 'Finland 2010' scenario in good quality cgi. form, with NH.90 fitted with miniguns from the rear windows and rocket pods fixed to the sides

... iv found that John (maverick) has already visualised a similar NH.90 development (abiet in German markings)  :bow: definately a nice way to complete the current Revell kit (remembering to change the prefix code from KH to NH)

cheers, Joe

TsrJoe

http://newsroom.finland.fi/stt/showarticle.asp?intNWSAID=20514&group=General

the South Korean T.50 strike trainer seems to be in the running too for Polish AF. service (funding pending)

TsrJoe

http://www.kiitotie.net/wp-content/gallery/halli-2009/dsc_6309_efha_200509_u-1261_1200pxvl3.jpg

now this does look sweet, the first of the refurbished ex. Swiss Hawk Mk.66 for the Ilmavoimat, an easy paint variation from existing Hawk kits too

cheers, Joe

TsrJoe

TsrJoe

from the 4/2009 issue of IPMS. Mallari ...

image of a Finnish Hawk carrying 2x R.60 (AA.8 Aphid)
ex. Swiss Hawk Mk.66 in original scheme
Hawk with Vinten camera pod on centreline station
Air sampling pods fitted underwing (useful for volcanic and radiation cloud tracking!)

cheers, Joe

TsrJoe

atmospheric sampling pods fitted to Finnish Ilmavoimat 'legacy' Hawk HW-301 displayed at this years 'Midsummer Airshow' ...

TsrJoe

... and again showing particle catchment area

TsrJoe

one of the first rebuilt Hawk aircraft HW-351, note the dark ir. reduction finish and HUD. unit on the forward coaming (a repeater unit is fitted on the rear coaming) the cockpit appeared to be completely different from the older 'legacy' series aircraft having CFT. flight instrumentation (interestingly the pilot accompanying seemed to prefer the older to the new examples, possibly due to familiarity altho he did say that the older examples required 'less head in the cockpit time')

TsrJoe

TsrJoe

MDD. F.18C Hornet HN-419 with AGM.154C JSOW. during current trials with the weapon as part of MLU.2 upgrade ...

ChernayaAkula

^ Most interesting!  :thumbsup: So they really intend to re-think their attitude towards their air force as a pure air defence force.

Quote from: TsrJoe on July 07, 2010, 08:11:40 AM
... and again showing particle catchment area

Looks more like some kind of particle beam weapon!  :wacko: Maybe the whole Eyajall..., Eyfla,... Icelandic volcano affair was some giant cover-up action to keep an alien invasion secret.  ;D But the valiant air forces of several states were able to fend off the looming invasion with weapons reverse-engineered from technology retrieved from previous UFO crash sites. 
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?