The Coast Guard/SAR build

Started by anthonyp, September 03, 2005, 09:07:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Any news on this prospective GB - I'm holding-off buying an Italeri Osprey, but I don't know how much more self control I can cope with ! :unsure:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

anthonyp

No news yet.  I'll PM Geoff sometime this weekend and see if we can't get something going.
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

Roger the Cabin Boy

Would my Irish Air Corps Super Budgie on floats be eligible for both these firebomber and coastguard themes...?

:ar:  
The future's so bright, I gotta wear NVGs...

lancer

QuoteWould my Irish Air Corps Super Budgie on floats be eligible for both these firebomber and coastguard themes...?

I believe it would be.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

anthonyp

QuoteWould my Irish Air Corps Super Budgie on floats be eligible for both these firebomber and coastguard themes...?

(consults the Runes...)

The Runes favor you...  I'd allow it!

Radish

OK babies....I want in.
I have a USMC Bat-Dak that should be eligible.....supply and SAR work in the South Sea Islands......I start building the damed thing, a STOL "ornithopter"version of the C-47. :lol:  :lol:  :lol: stright after I finish the Mick-17 Frisky....next week. :blink:  
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

nev

I think there's plenty of support for this GB, but we're pretty full up atm - any more than 3 GBs and they tend to suffer as we're spread to thin.  But I think Q3 or Q4 would be a good time.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

anthonyp

Sure!  Q3 or Q4 would actually be a great time to do it!

I'll continue collecting and categorizing reference material for this GB.  I'm definitely thinking about an "All The World's Coast Guards and SAR Team" GB theme here.  I'm hesitant to expand the scope to CSAR ops, as those aircraft usually aren't too colourful.  :lol:

Border Patrols and Police units I'm waffling on, as while they enforce the laws, they don't really rescue people who were too stupid to ignore the "thin ice" warnings and still went ice fishing when it's 40 degrees F out, and they still aren't fined for the rescue, and make the rest of us pay for it and...  (breathe...)

Sorry, but there's some big time idiots on Lake St. Claire during the Winter time...

:cheers:  :cheers:  

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quoterescue people who were too stupid to ignore the "thin ice" warnings and still went ice fishing when it's 40 degrees F out, and they still aren't fined for the rescue, and make the rest of us pay for it and...  (breathe...)

Sorry, but there's some big time idiots on Lake St. Claire during the Winter time...

Been there done (doing) that !

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

John Howling Mouse

I started mine tonight while waiting for two other projects' PSR to dry.
;)  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

0MEGA13

i'm in.  i've got a couple of ov-10's whih would look good as border or cg planes.

John Howling Mouse

As work progresses on my little Hawk-to-SAR conversion, I suddenly realized I have NO suitable markings!  JBot decals shows some images of subjects I'd like to use but no sign yet if he'll actually make up some decals or not.  Jim says he's back in business full-swing so I sent him an e-mail describing our pending GB and asking about future availability of the white-on-red CCG scheme decals.

Anyone know where else a guy could get some similar decals???  

Closest I could do on my own is print some suitable "negative" red surrounds of the target words on white decal paper but getting the paint to match could be next to impossible.

Captain Canada

canmilair.com, Baz ! Where you been all month ?

:wacko:

Check out his site, and then drop Bill a line. What he did for me, was to take all the white striping decals off of his 72nd scale S-61 sheet, and added CCG, Fisheries and Oceans, and Canada wordmarks in different scales. Exactly what I wanted !

But be forwarned.....his selection of CDN decals is endless. Prepare your wallet !

;)
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

John Howling Mouse

Quotecanmilair.com, Baz ! Where you been all month ?

:wacko:

Check out his site, and then drop Bill a line. What he did for me, was to take all the white striping decals off of his 72nd scale S-61 sheet, and added CCG, Fisheries and Oceans, and Canada wordmarks in different scales. Exactly what I wanted !

But be forwarned.....his selection of CDN decals is endless. Prepare your wallet !

;)
Yeah, I just checked his site, found some of the white-on-red scheme and bought some.  Way overpriced but what are you gonna do?   :lol:

http://www.canmilair.com/search.asp?nobox=...e=&sprice=&pg=3

Captain Canada

You should talk to him, Baz...and do something like I did. Since you will probably be painting all the white striping yourself, you won't need all of that extra decaling.

They are really rather nice, excellent service as well.

Cheers !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?