The Coast Guard/SAR build

Started by anthonyp, September 03, 2005, 09:07:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SinUnNombre

Ok, I just watched The Guardian last night, and I'm way pumped up for this build. Got plenty of ideas and inspiration. Argh, I wanna build something!

Jon

John Howling Mouse

QuoteYou should talk to him, Baz...and do something like I did. Since you will probably be painting all the white striping yourself, you won't need all of that extra decaling.

They are really rather nice, excellent service as well.

Cheers !
Yeah, I've e-mailed a request to Bill to redistribute the white text elements (only) at various scales to a new sheet/image, similar to the rough idea below.

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Shasper

I may be down for this, as my idea for an updated Sea Master ASW might not pan out (and oddly enough a CG scheme keeps coming to my mind), I doubt I'll have it ready before this GB 'officially' starts as I'm aiming for the IPMS region 9 show in Baton Rouge in mid-April (God willing . . .).

SHas B)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

anthonyp

Actually, the "official" start won't be until at least the third quarter of this year (July, August, September) or later, so you've got time.

Nice decals, Baz!  I've been thinking of doing up a helo of some sort in the CCG Red and White, and those decals just inspired me.
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

Captain Canada

If that's the case, Comrade...let me know when you figure out which chopper you're going to do and I can send you some white CCG and Canada decals.

:cheers:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

John Howling Mouse

QuoteIf that's the case, Comrade...let me know when you figure out which chopper you're going to do and I can send you some white CCG and Canada decals.

:cheers:
Oh sure, NOW he offers decals!!!   :P  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

wmburns

To those who would be interested, I have added seven new CCG decal sets into my catalogue to go along with the three I already offered. All sets are available in any scale. Photos of representative aircraft and actual images of the decal artwork can be seen at CanMilAir Decals.

My CCG collection now includes:

Alouette III CCG early scheme
S-61N CCG early scheme
S-61N CCG current scheme
MBB Bo-105 CCG current scheme
Bell 206 CCG current scheme
Bell 212 CCG current scheme
DHC-8 Dash 8 CCG current scheme
DHC-8 Dash 8 TC Surveillance
DHC-6 Twin Otter TC Surveilance
DHC-6 Twin Otter CCG current scheme

anthonyp

QuoteAnthony read Dale Browns' Hammerheads & Storming heaven for even more inspiration.... trust me ! ;)

I H-G
Ok, just to get in the mood to do this thing, I just read "Hammerheads" and "Storming Heaven" by Dale Brown...  and I gotta say, I thought they sucked.  Don't get me wrong, there was some inspiration in there, but Dale Brown's writing style is bad.  I'm talking Star Trek: Voyager type bad with all his jargon and babble.  

The armed "AV-22"s were a little over-the-top, and his made up names for everything got on my nerves (AIM-120 "Scorpions"?  V-22C Sky Lion?).  I did like his concept for USCG UCAV's (the Seagull, I think, about fit the description for the HV-911 (or whatever it's called now) Eagle Eye), as well as the surface effects ships, and the platforms.  "Storming Heaven" did less for me than the other two books.  If want to read political intrigue with action thrown in, I'll break out early Tom Clancy again.  Dale Brown doesn't know how to write it.

Wholly off topic and (opinionated) editorialising, I hadn't read any Dale Brown book until two days ago, when I first read "Flight of the Old Dog."  Read "Hammerheads" yesterday and "Storming Heaven" today.  And after those three books, I will not read another Dale Brown book again.  His characters are terrible, he throws incessant and unneeded references to other books, I just don't like his writing style, characters, or the amount of time he spends describing a situation (he spent I think 30 pages to describe an air intercept when about 10 could have done it, at one point in Storming Heaven).  Worth reading once, gives me an idea of how he writes, and that's enough for me.

Returning you now to a prospective GB thread.
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

PanzerWulff

I have a 1/72 Academy "Black Cat" Catalina in my stash I wonder what I can pull off with it ;)
"Panzer"
Chris"PanzerWulff"Gray "The Whiffing Fool"
NOTE TO SELF Stick to ARMOR!!!
Self proclaimed "GODZILLA Junkie"!

gooberliberation

Heh, heh, I've got an Su-27 that I've been wanting to turn into an SAR plane :lol:  
================================
"How about this for a headline for tomorrows paper? French fries." ~~ James French, d. 1966 Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.

Spey_Phantom

i have plans for a flemish coast guard dauphin, maybe if this GB gets of the ground, i would make a great entry  B)  
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

PanzerWulff

Does anyone know if the USCG ever operated HH-53D "Super Jollies" :unsure:  :unsure:  :unsure:  
Chris"PanzerWulff"Gray "The Whiffing Fool"
NOTE TO SELF Stick to ARMOR!!!
Self proclaimed "GODZILLA Junkie"!

Scooterman

QuoteDoes anyone know if the USCG ever operated HH-53D "Super Jollies" :unsure:  :unsure:  :unsure:
No they didn't.   :thumbsup:  

lancer

QuoteDoes anyone know if the USCG ever operated HH-53D "Super Jollies" :unsure:  :unsure:  :unsure:
No they didn't.   :thumbsup:
Oh I think they will be now.... ;)  ;)  ;)  
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

elmayerle

Or go one step further and a HH-53E?  I admit to looking to do a hybrid of CH-53E and HH-53J.  I might also consider doing a VH-53E as a temporary Marine One upgrade.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin