The Wooksta!

Hunter T12

Spey_Phantom

Looks quite nice. i really like the RAF style camo  ^_^  
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

nev

Flying Can-openers because....?
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

The Rat

Hard not to love a Hunter, even with a fat nose. Is that the Matchbox kit?
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Martin H

QuoteFlying Can-openers because....?
simple.  Its a T-12, aka the TSR-2 trainer.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Captain Canada

Sweet ! I can't say as I knew there was a 72nd scale two0holer like that....I'm gonna need to get one !

It's funny, as I used to be an anti-Hunter type. Thought they were just plain ugly. Then somebody ( I think Ollie ) posted some in-flight pics of a two-holer....anf then the revell kit came out...and the rest is history ! I especially like the two-seat job...just looks right.

Nice job, Wooksta! I love RAF roundels on camo like that........

:wub:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Ollie

Yes, must have been one of those in the UK.

I'll try to find back the pic.

Wouldn't the T.12 have a pointy nose like the Sea Harrier trainer had?

:unsure:  

The Rat

QuoteThought they were just plain ugly.
That must have been before you got your eyeglasses.  <_<

I will say though that a Hunter is only beautiful, at least to me. It never looks purposeful, mean, dangerous, kick-donkey, or any other adjective. Doesn't matter what you hang on it.

Just beautiful.  :wub:  
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Ollie

Hey Toad, here's a Hunter shot, probably the one I showed you guys.

Ollie

Ok, got it!

Here's a RN one I saw this summer :  

lancer

The Hunter will always be a beautiful looking aircraft! wether single or 2 seat. One thing I was wondering about the 2 seat version was/is - Would it make a decent wild Weasel type?? Would it be feasible or even possible??
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

nev

depends on how much room there is for avionics - not much I would suggest for 60s/70s electronics anyway.  It was all solid state stuff then, valves and the like.  Big, heavy, needed lots of cooling.  A bulged spine a la Skyhawk might do the trick tho  :tornado:  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Did someone say Hunters ?

Hope somebody is gonna bring a camera to Coventry on Saturday - there gonna be some Hunters there..... Promise !

I H-G
Great idea/model, Lee, keep watching for the postie, bud, Santa has been to the PO today !
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Captain Canada

Wow....that pointy nosed bird sure is a looker !

Also looks like there could be lots of room there for avionics....in the longer nose, behind the cockpit, you could use the cannon fairings as well. And how a bout a bulged tail like the A-6 ?

Can you still get the Matchbox two-seater ?
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

retro_seventies

Quotedepends on how much room there is for avionics - not much I would suggest for 60s/70s electronics anyway. It was all solid state stuff then, valves and the like. Big, heavy, needed lots of cooling. A bulged spine a la Skyhawk might do the trick tho

i made some speculative drawings a while back for one - bulged spine, ventral canoe, blades and bumps, room for 2 shrikes/HARMs for the radars, and CBU's for mopping up.  :ph34r:

not sure how effective they would be though - possibly somewhere between the super sabre and the thunderchief.

replaced in RN service by a WW phantom, and they were in turn replaced by a WW tornado, based on the ADV airframe.  :wub:

ahem.
"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.