Shorts Skyvan and Sherpa

Started by Mike Wren, October 15, 2005, 04:46:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daryl J.

Remove a section fore and aft the main wing to make an UltraShort Skyvan!

Daryl J.

Jeffry Fontaine

QuoteRemove a section fore and aft the main wing to make an UltraShort Skyvan!
Use the sections removed on the second Skyvan along with the engines to make a stretched four engine Skyvan.  The Skyvan reminds me of a Volkswagen van with wings
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Captain Canada

Funny, I thought the Skyvan was just a wee bird...but it's actually got more power than a Twootter !

And stupid me ( read: drunk ) forgot to add the flaps and alerons when noticing how skint the wings were.......

:rolleyes:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Roger the Cabin Boy Again

Skyvan as support utility ac for Red Arrows anyone?  With RATO pack in the style of the Blue Angels Herc.  

Course, the Dead Sparrows here in WIF land are flying Tucanos.  An oft-reported real recurring dream for those stony hearted MOD beancounters.

:ar:  

rallymodeller

Todd -- your Twotter/Skyvan cross is acually pretty realistic -- Shorts and DHC are both owned by Bombardier...

Man, I have SO got to get me one of these little things!  Boxy utility always has been one of my weaknesses -- hell, I drive a Volvo 242! :D  
--Jeremy

Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part...

More into Flight Sim reskinning these days, but still what-iffing... Leading Edge 3D

elmayerle

Perhaps an upgraded Skyvan with the engines and nacelles from a pair of Shorts Tucanos/  AFter all, they both use TPE331's, albeit rather different versions.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Captain Canada

QuoteTodd -- your Twotter/Skyvan cross is acually pretty realistic -- Shorts and DHC are both owned by Bombardier...

It'll be made by Canadairs, but the thing is already big and powerful enough, so it's not worth chopping up the Twotter.

Unless I add the tail and the whole nine yards, make a box-fuselage Twotter.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

lancer

Replace the turbo props with modern turbofans, sweep the wing a bit and hey presto, a Jet version of the skyvan for the 21st century.. :o  :o  :o  
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

The Rat

Some really nice suggestions in here.

Baz, Iffen I wuz you I would definitely go with the hull rather than floats, flying boats are waaaaaaay nicer than floatplanes.  ^_^

And howzabout one of us does a 'retro' version with radial engines?  :huh:  
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Geoff_B

Not sure about easyjet, as think of it more as a flying Transit Van.

How about fitting one with Foulton gear and have it as a Search and Rescue aircraft, with rescue party, & search sensors aboard. Parachute rescue party in and use fulton gear to recover if no land strip space available close by ?. Maybe even carry a supercat atv in the back.

G B)  

Hobbes

QuoteNot sure about easyjet, as think of it more as a flying Transit Van.
That's it! Paint it white, dirty it up (adding touches like finger-writing 'tosser' in the grime on the back), ding it in a few places, and add two of the biggest turbofans you can find (dunno, RR Trents maybe).  :lol:  

Roger the Cabin Boy Again

White Vans are the fastest road vehicles of all, it's true.   But why not go more upmarket and do a Formula 1 Racing Team Skyvan to carry a racing car from Grand Prix to Grand Prix. A nice red Ferrari one maybe?   (No need for transatlantic range though, as the Americans still want their money back from last time) :lol:

Or as it's very square and utility like.... maybe a Horsebox version to get your three legged wheezing nag trotting in both the 1.30 at Newmarket and 3.30 at York?

:ar:  

elmayerle

Perhaps the flying equivalent of the VW vanagon that was "massaged" by Porsche to get their execs to vanpool to meetings at corporate headquarters?  I understand it handled and performed rather better than what one could buy from the dealer.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Leigh

That's it! Paint it white, dirty it up (adding touches like finger-writing 'tosser' in the grime on the back), ding it in a few places, and add two of the biggest turbofans you can find (dunno, RR Trents maybe).  :lol:
Add some ladders on top, a few garden hoses, a wheelbarrow and paint "Murphy and Son Builders" on the side? :lol:

Dominos Pizza delivery Skyvan? :D

I invite all and any criticism, except about Eric The Dog, it's not his fault he's stupid

Leigh's Models

Spellbinder99

Got it!

Paint it grimy yellow, fill the back with dodgy VCR's and expired cans of dogfood and write "Trotters Independent Traders" on the side.

Its got three wheeels and all the speed of a Reliant Robin anyway..... :P

Cheers

Tony