Main Menu

Mirage 4000

Started by nev, October 19, 2005, 03:03:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nev

My first resin kit!!

Lesson number one - don't use slow setting superglue to glue slightly warped fuselage parts together! I spent half an hour last night holding them together!

Lesson number two - don't photograph cream pieces of resing on a beige table! Excellent camo!  :D  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

nev

I've just place the main components together here to give you a size of this beastie - for a single seat fighter she's BIG!
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Ollie

Looking good, but how can you afford such a kit?

:P  :wub:  

NARSES2

QuoteMy first resin kit!!

Lesson number one - don't use slow setting superglue to glue slightly warped fuselage parts together! I spent half an hour last night holding them together!

Either that or get some accelerator Nev

I use the medium strength glue - gives me some time to fiddle

What's the quality of the kit like - up to Arnold's usual standard ?

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PolluxDeltaSeven

Mirage 4000  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Do you have an idea of the country, the camo or the weapons she will have?? :cheers:  :cheers:  
"laissez mes armées être les rochers et les arbres et les oiseaux dans le ciel"
-Charlemagne-

Coming Soon in Alternate History:
-Battlefleet Galactica
-Republic of Libertalia: a modern Pirate Story

nev

QuoteLooking good, but how can you afford such a kit?

:P  :wub:
It was "only" £32...

I can afford one, its affording the second that will be the problem  ;)

QuoteWhat's the quality of the kit like - up to Arnold's usual standard ?

Dunno.  Like I said, my first resin kit.  I do know the seat and instrument panel are exact copies of said items in the Italeri Mirage 2000 kit - looks like Lee isn't the only one who drops bits of other peoples models in resin  :P

QuoteDo you have an idea of the country, the camo or the weapons she will have??

Yep, I know exactly what the country, camo and weapons loadout will be :D  

PolluxDeltaSeven

QuoteYep, I know exactly what the country, camo and weapons loadout will be
Tell me more, pleaaaaaaase!!! :lol:  :lol:

For the weapons, it's obvious that you have a lot of choice!! :blink:  
-Charlemagne-

-Battlefleet Galactica

nev

Country - antipodean

Camo - classic

Weapons - French

Hey, I can't give it all away now, eh?  :P  

PolluxDeltaSeven

That's clearly enough!!... for the moment!!

And I am already sure I'll love it! :P  
-Charlemagne-

-Battlefleet Galactica

nev

BTW PD7, whats the translation of that Charlemagne quote?  My French stops at "je mapelle Neil, jai douze ans" (apologies for poor spelling and grammar, I learnt that 22 years ago  :P )

PolluxDeltaSeven

Charlemagne: "Let my armies be the rocks and the trees and the birds in the sky"

I'm not sure of the translation, but this sentence is said by Sean Conery in "Indiana Jones, Last Cruisade"... ;)

Oh! By the way, I don't know if it interests you, but I have some documents about the different configuration a Mirage 4000 and Super Mirage 4000 could carry...
Ask me if you want it ;)

-Charlemagne-

-Battlefleet Galactica

nev

PD7, did you get my PM?

I would post in-progress pictures showing main construction complete and 3 rounds of filling and sanding and priming, but I can only get on the internet at work and am not allowed to upload pictures from here.

Got 3 days off now, should be able to get really stuck in, maybe even solve my PC problems  ;)  

PolluxDeltaSeven

Yep, I just read your PM.

I could post here part of my answer: a link to a web site with good pictures and information (in French, but the caracteristics of the plane are easily comprehensible).

http://aircraftstories.free.fr/mono/4000/m.../mirage4000.htm

This site is very interesting and there are a lot of pictures with the underfuselage pylons... I think it could interrest other people.

I'm writting a board with a more complete sumary of what a Mirage 4000 could carry and where. I will PM this tomorrow or the day after I think...

Good night ;)
-Charlemagne-

-Battlefleet Galactica

PolluxDeltaSeven

Hello!!

Nev actually have some Internet problems...

So, he send me the pictures and I post them for him ;)

HQ pics here and here.

Oh! I just notice the fly-refueling system!! Does it come from a Mirage 2000?  
-Charlemagne-

-Battlefleet Galactica

Ollie

Nice work!

Anglo-French cooperation, eh?

:wub: