Mil Hind in Show colours

Started by cthulhu77, October 25, 2005, 06:55:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cthulhu77

Here are some shots from the latest large project...that Hind in bird camo.  Decided not to do the aftermarket stuff (too much $$$), but am fairly happy with the kit details so far :

Aircav

I think someone needs his bumps feeling  :D  :D  :D
Can't wait to see it finished  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)
Good luck
Steve
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

cthulhu77

LOL...nope, just couldn't remember if I had logged this one here or not.  It is true, though, that this bunch does give one more feedback (pos and neg) than the rivet counters on the other sites ...

It is actually a fun project, I'm really looking forward to getting all of the fluff crap out of the way so I can do the painting part!!

Ollie

cthulhu77

Nah, I am on a budget this year !!! (wife, you know)  Just an old Monogram 48th scale job from long ago (ebay !)

Ollie

Cool!

I have the same kit...

:wub:  

Gary

holy drooling smoke! I can't flipping wait
Getting back into modeling

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Madness I tell you, madness..... madness !

I H-G
In awe ! :o  
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Tophe

First, I felt puzzled: OK for an aircraft-bird but why an helicopter without wings??? Then... the next picture gave me the very nice explanation: folded wings! :D Flying with folded wings, simply, this is what is magic in modelers' dreams :D  
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Allan

Hi Agent 77,

Just can't wait to read a blow by blow account of the painting of that helo.

Allan in Canberra

nev

whoa, that interior is AMAZING!!!

Knowing your talent level, I'm confident you're going to pull the paint scheme off  :)  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

RotorheadTX

It doesn't look like you need much help, but I've got many photos of the Turul Eagle if you would like them.
(I suspect you've downloaded the same set though...  :cheers:  )

lancer

Wot Nev said about the interior, it's brilliant. Alos, the exterior scheme is shaping up pretty dammed well too....
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

cthulhu77

Glad you all like it !   Cobra company makes a really sweet interior aftermarket set, but I couldn't budget it in, so I am just using the stock cockpit...but, it is actually pretty nice, with a fair amount of detail.  the washes of oily black really set out the little bits.
 Gluing the halves together today, looks to require about ten hands...anyone in arizona want to help ??????

greg

SimonR

That's an ambitious scheme and I salute your courage! What's your plan for painting the feathers?
Simon

This is the curse of speed;  I have been a slave to it all my life. On my gravestone they will carve 'It never got fast enough for me'.
Hunter S. Thompson