Mil Hind in Show colours

Started by cthulhu77, October 25, 2005, 06:55:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cthulhu77

Well, a little bit of cursing, and a few rolls of tape later:

noxioux

Wow.  Just getting that thing out of the mummy wrap will be a bugger.  I'm looking at that pic and thinking, rubber bands. . . rubber bands. . .

I'm also curious about how you are going to paint the feathers.  I could see doing it by hand, before trying to cut masks, etc. . . for airbrushing.  Come on, enquiring minds want to know!

Anyway, it's already looking good.  I'm looking forward to seeing 'er all done!

BlackOps

Somebody done gone an went plum LOCO!  I can't believe your doing it and it looks damned good so far!

:wub:  :wub:

Jeff G.    
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

cthulhu77

LOL...the rubber bands are underneath the tape!!!  This sucker is hard to squeeze together!  It seems to be setting up well...
 the painting will all be done by hand, in very thin washes...should be something!

greg

Captain Canada

lookin' good, greg !

And btw....you crazy !

:party:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

dragon

Somebody needs more medication!  Beware of men in white coats!

Once you achieve this I suppose your next project will be one of those digitized camo jobs? B)  
"As long as people are going to call you a lunatic anyway, why not get the benefits of it?  It liberates you from convention."- from the novel WICKED by Gregory Maguire.

"I must really be crazy to be in a looney bin like this" - Jack Nicholson in the movie ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST

Julhelm

Easiest way to make a digi-pattern job:

Fractal-generate 2 or 3 images depending on # of colours, cut out the square dots - use as masks.
On the bench:

Post-apocalyptic Beaufighter

cthulhu77

Well, the mummification came out well...almost no seams at all !!!

Patrick H

Saying you're crazy is a bit of an uderstatement I guess  ;)

But you're doing a great job, both on the in- and the outside.

:cheers:

Patrick
My webpage

The engines spit out fire, I'm pushed back in my chair
The pressure gives me thrills as we climb in the air

Julhelm

I wish I could build/paint/cement half as good as that :(
On the bench:

Post-apocalyptic Beaufighter

cthulhu77

QuoteI wish I could build/paint/cement half as good as that :(
Don't give me too much credit on this one...the paint job will be a bugger, but this kit didn't win awards in design for nothing...it really does go together unbelievably well, the fit between components is mind-boggling!!!

noxioux

Looks like it was well worth all that tape.  It doesn't look like there will be much to fill on that top seam at all.  What are you using for cement, just out of curiosity (not to hijack or anything).

AeroplaneDriver

Once again Greg, you amaze me with the kind of projects you take on.  I cant imagine attempting half the stuff you produce.

Cat wait to see her on the nest!
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

cthulhu77

QuoteLooks like it was well worth all that tape.  It doesn't look like there will be much to fill on that top seam at all.  What are you using for cement, just out of curiosity (not to hijack or anything).
glad you all like it so far!
       the preferred cement for me is usually CA glue, but in this case, since I had to take so long to fit in different assemblies, I used that old green tube of glue for the fuselage halves, Testors !

nev

Quoteon the nest!
I guess that phrase doesn't have the same meaning in Canada as it does in Britain....  :unsure:

BTW, not only is Gregs model another example of what an awesome modeller he is, but he builds so damn fast!!!  :o  :o  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May