Old Dog B-52 finished

Started by Eddie M., October 30, 2005, 07:25:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hobbes

gooberliberation

That is one meaaan looking plane. :wub:  
================================
"How about this for a headline for tomorrows paper? French fries." ~~ James French, d. 1966 Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.

Eddie M.

Here's the link to the gen. discussion where I started the construction, for those of you that may have missed it. As requested, here are some more pix. One includes a ALCM that I modified from the kit to look as if it had been launched. This is an old Dragon 1:200 B-52 that I've had for years. All the weapons ( except the ALCMs) are from various 1:144 fighter jets. The nose was part of the tip of an old drop tank. I am pretty please with this one. Since we have some nasty weather right now, I'm gonna have to wait some nice hanging pix outside. Thanks for all the nice words and interest in this build. :)  B)
    Eddie

http://www.whatifmodelers.com/forum//index...topic=6811&st=0

Look behind you!

Eddie M.

QuoteNice! :wub:
Could we have a few details: which scale, origin of the jets and nose, tailplanes raised up obliquely? (this is just to appreciate even more, the result being already wonderful)
I forgot to add that the tail surfaces were the elevons that I added laminated Evergreen sheet plastic to lenghten them a bit.
     Eddie
Look behind you!

Big_Daddy

SinUnNombre

Awesome work, Eddie. I've been wanting to build a version of this meself.

Jon

proditor

That's nifty as all heck! :cheers:

You might just inspire me to finish my 1/700 scale version.  Yeah, I know, kind of a let down after yours, but it has been on the "back-burner" for, oh, 20 years now.   :lol:  

The Rat

I looked at the pictures.

I imagined my terrorist donkey hunkered down in a shallow cave with a few of those ultra-evil bastards coming after me.

I now need to change my underwear.  :o  
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

BlackOps

Eddie, the Old Dog came out perfect. Nice to see it finished :)

Jeff G.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

markm70

Eddie M.

Thank you everyone. I am humbled. -_-
   Eddie

Look behind you!

K5054NZ

***THREAD RESSURECTION***
I really think one of the major companies needs to come out with an EB-52I model...using this for the molds!

I LOVE IT ED! Great work, so sad I hadn't seen it sooner. Just. So. Good! Have you sent a pic to Dale Brown? I'm sure he'd be impressed.

Eddie M.

Quote***THREAD RESSURECTION***
I really think one of the major companies needs to come out with an EB-52I model...using this for the molds!

I LOVE IT ED! Great work, so sad I hadn't seen it sooner. Just. So. Good! Have you sent a pic to Dale Brown? I'm sure he'd be impressed.
Thanks Zac! I've been wanting to do one of these since I first read that book many moons ago. :P

It would be nice to have production kit out there. I did send a pic to Mr. Brown. He either hates it or gets photos like this all the time, because he has not answered. Maybe I'll get his attention with the Dreamstar. ;)
    Eddie
Look behind you!

K5054NZ

QuoteMaybe I'll get his attention with the Dreamstar.
I know you'll get mine! For the DS I came up with a Eurofighter body and canards with basically X-29 wings. Made it as a simple balsa model. Flying characteristics left a LOT to be desired  ;) .

BRING IT ONNNNN! :tornado:  

Sisko

Hey Eddie that is fantastic!!!!!

:wub:  :wub:  
Get this Cheese to sick bay!