CH-166 Comanche

Started by nev, May 28, 2003, 11:22:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nev

QuoteNev, this is just brilliant!  Congrats mate!

And what happened to Minister Pommerleau after his, huh, \"incident\"?

Can you tell us about Colonel Lacombe's exploit in Norway?

And I heard that section \"Alvis\", flying stealth Arrows played a crucial role in this conflict...

And you forgot to mention John Chung, the radar operator, who was crucial to the operation!

What squadron are these birds from?  Montréal's 438 \"Wildcats\"?
Thanks Ollie.  Minister Pomerleau resigned in disgrace and a series of investigations revealed that he had been taking kickbacks from Molson breweries, namely, crates of beer!  It explained many of his bizarre voting habits.

Colonel Lacombe took his choppers back after the crisis was over - Russia just wanted to feel important for a while.  If you want to command 438 squadron \"Wildcats\" then you can my son!

I didn't realise John Chung was a canuck....

And Jerry, you're right, the roundels on the stub wings probly are overkill, I was originally gunna put one on top, just behind the rotor and another underneath the fuselage, but changed my mind.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Captain Canada

Ha ha ha !

Good one, Nev ! Your story was a treat to read....but I always dreamt I'd move on to run the country, and then eventually....the world ! But it's NJ I can't stop whining about now......dirty buggers ! Go Ducks ! ( I can't believe I just said that ! )

And since Ive still got a few years before all this happens...I'll have to rethink my strategy....I don't want Colonel Lacombe stealing my job...he doesn't drink enough !

As for the model...looks good ! And no *blue* in site ! The Northern Flank revival sounds awesome.....if only we could slap a little white on the old Hornets and go over now and again, like the CF-5's in the good old days.....

Cheers !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Ollie

Woo-hoo!!

So we'll have Comanches to roam over Montréal!

Yes!!!

Aahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I saw one of 438's CH-46 Griffons fly by yesterday :o)

It made my day!

:TT  :pl  :pl  :dr

And Toad, I'm slowly sneking up on your projects!

:TT

nev

Shut it Toad or I'll have to hit that edit button... :TT

\"Todd Pomerleau, Conservative MP for Sarnia and a staunch right winger...\" :TT  :TT  :TT  :TT
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

nev

The CH-166 Comanche entered service with the CAF (not RCAF, despite Pomerleaus best efforts) in 2011 and were highly prized assets by the Canadians, particulary on the many peace-keeping missions performed by Canada throughout the world.  The Comanche's combination of blistering speed, jaw-dropping agility, stealth and advanced targeting and acquisition systems made it invaluable.  Of the 14 aircraft 8 were kept on active duty based at Alvis, Nova Scotia and the remaining 6 were allocated to a reserve squadron.

In 2013 the Russian government started making threatening noises towards Finland in an attempt by the hardline communist government to revive the spirit of the old Soviet Union.  Alarmed by this, Norway asked for help from NATO.  Among the units deployed during the crisis were the Canadian Comanches, including the reserve aircraft, led by weekend warrior Colonel Olivier Lacombe.  The Canadian contribution, under the codename Operation "Howling Moose" saw the Comanches forward deployed at a remote location in Northern Norway, known as "Viper 29".  The helicopter shown depicts one of these Comanches in its Arctic camouflage  scheme.

nev

nev

QuoteCool chopper Nev. :)  :G  :dr
:zz
Thanks Steve, just don't expect to see another one anytime soon!

nev

Hey Toad, at one point I had you down as a Conservative Defense Minister, but I reckoned that was pushing the boundaries of realism too far!

Aircav, the only way you'll see me building another chopper is if we do a comp were I could my Seahawk (last chopper to build in the stash) as a Wif.  Otherwise, it will reside at the bottom of the to do pile for a while longer...

Aircav

A chopper build.....ummmmmmmm........now there's an idea  :s
:dr  :zz  :dr

Hey, are local Co-op has some Indian lager in called Cobra, 660ml bottle, 5% and 2 quid a bottle, not bad either  :dr
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

nev

bumped by me so I can cut and paste all my text to do the article for Tom at Ollies request.

nev

Took advantage of the recent weather to photograph the old bird in her element, as it were :)

Shasper

Hey, where'd it go?  ;)  :P

Ves B)  
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

John Howling Mouse

Yeah, at some point, the entire first 75% of this thread's images were lost to me, too.

At first I thought I had my PC's security set too high but it's still like that, just placeholders for all the first images on this thread.
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.