Weekend JU-87 build

Started by cthulhu77, November 04, 2005, 05:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cthulhu77

Have to do something inbetween paint coats, and this should be fun...a variation of the 87...still not sure exactly what, but probably involving a torp or something...

Radish

You could do an SS-flown version in all black with silver trim?
Or why not a ski-equipped Finnish one?

Is it the 1/72nd Academy kit? :rolleyes:  
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

cthulhu77

Oooohhhhh...that would go over well with the wife (jewish) !!!!!

it's the Fujimi kit, released a little while ago...picked it up from squadron, gave away the cannons, and was going to make a navalized version...decided to wait until I can get a 1/48th job.  Like the idea of the ski's...hmmm.
  Northern anti-shipping patrol ?  ( for some odd reason, I really want to put a torp under this one )
   I'm probably going to make the rear gunner a RIO, and put some antennae's all over it too.

g

cthulhu77

If you have a few hours, and like Junkers aircraft, hit this site:
http://www.geocities.com/hjunkers/ju_ju87_a1.htm

Especially the Spanish Civil War link at the very bottom...wow !!!!

Captain Canada

Like the idea of a Finnish one on skis. That would look good ! Would also be a good one to fit into Ian's JMN thread.....
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

cthulhu77

hmmm.  Leaning more towards the Spanish version (love the camo), and the ski version is available stock:
http://m2reviews.cnsi.net/scotts/axis/luft...ki87preview.htm

If I went with scratch built skis, it would probably look better in 48th too...this thing is tiny ! (what, mebbe 4" long or so )
  Cockpit paint is drying, and I am off to install some ceiling fans for a while (fun, fun, fun...this is what comes from owning too many tools)

greg

gooberliberation

================================
"How about this for a headline for tomorrows paper? French fries." ~~ James French, d. 1966 Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.

cthulhu77

I tell you what...haven't done a Fujimi kit in a while, and the last one was so/so...this kit is really, really good.  The fit is unbelievable !
 Added on some buckles and harnesses to the cockpit, and the wings are going on:

cthulhu77

Had to work all weekend, so I finally am getting to the paint...and in true whiff fashion, the bottom colour is RLM8&^%$#2. (mixed until I liked it)

cthulhu77

Off to install some fixtures...but did get a start on the splinter!

cthulhu77

heavy workload, so am still working on the splinter...boy, do those Spaniards like vibrancy !!!!

proditor

Big_Daddy

SinUnNombre

That splinter looks freakin' great so far. Hoestly, I think some IDF roundels would look good on there. And it would be plausible, since the early IDF got quite a bit of left over German WWII stuff. Hmmm.....new project?

Jon

cthulhu77

Yeah, it is a bit "out there", I know...but what I was thinking was:
    Uncle Adolph spent a lot ( A  LOT) of time trying to convince the Spanish to join the Axis, and made frequent gifts of materials in order to persuade them to attack the British...so, why not a late model German torpedo bomber???
  Fell in love with the Spanish splinter camo...pics here:

http://www.zi.ku.dk/personal/drnash/model/...pain/codes.html

Should be a fun one, once it is done...wish I wasn't so busy at work !

greg

note: up until I read so much about the stuka, I had never really cared for the plane...now, it is fascinating !  Good idea about the IDF...the schemes are myriad!