Weekend JU-87 build

Started by cthulhu77, November 04, 2005, 05:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cthulhu77

Ahhh...egypt!!

put on some of the washes this morning, as well as starting construction of the HS 294s glider bomb:

cthulhu77

Painted the HS last night...now, I just need to find some clear decal paper for the decals, and start with the fiddly bits (so much for a weekend build, huh?)

noxioux

That is an incredibly nice camo scheme.  It's turning out to be quite a pretty bird for a quick build, isn't it?

cthulhu77

Thanks !  Yeah, I think so...it should be kind of neat when finished...the missile has been mounted to the bottom pylon :

nev

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

lancer

She's looking awfully good. That glide bomb looks soo right stuck there, finally gives the Stuka the means to pack a real punch.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

cthulhu77

Thanks!!  Painted the spinner blue, in a big nod to those brave conquistadorii who volunteered in the 40's, although for the wrong reasons, perhaps :

SinUnNombre

A-BUH! I'm speechless...........Can't wait to see some Spanish roundels on it.

Jon

Sisko

That camo job is awesome.

I don't really like the splinter camo on Luftwaffe models and to date have never done it.

May have to think my aversion to it.
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Radish

Really lovely :P  :P  :P  :P  
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

cthulhu77

Thanks !!!  Am trying to locate some decal paper here locally, or at least a little Henchel kit for the roundels (can you believe a city the size of Phoenix, and no damn ink jet paper???)...other than that, should have all the painting wrapped up today !  Pics later on.
  Re: splinter camo. It can be quite fun once you get used to it...especially something as bright as this Spanish stuff...really makes it stick out on the shelf !

greg

John Howling Mouse

That is outstanding!

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

SinUnNombre

Anything new to report on this? Inquisitive minds long for information!

Jon

Brian da Basher

No decal paper for the Nationalist markings? Well you could always paint it up as a machine captured by the Republicans. Red wing and fuselage bands and the red-yellow-purple horizontal rudder stripes for some added whiffery!

Whiffery is good!   :D
Brian da Basher

cthulhu77

I printed some out at home, my first attempt at doing my own decals...came out "ok", definitely learned some things to do, and not to do !  Pics tomorrow.