Weekend JU-87 build

Started by cthulhu77, November 04, 2005, 05:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian da Basher

Cool I can't wait to see those pics! I just love Spanish Civil War aircraft. You gotta love those Republican markings because they make a great stand-by when you don't have a lot of other options. Also, the Republicans flew such an oddball assortment of stuff that you can pull off a lot of whiffery and gaslight the JMNs.

Those dang fascists had much cooler camo though...

Brian da Basher

cthulhu77

Well...at least you can't see all of the miniature decal wrinkles :

K5054NZ

Cool!

I'm in the same boat as you Bri, those SCW colours are just so cool! And simple.

Not that I'VE ever done one, though....yet... B)  

SinUnNombre

DAMN! That came out looking great. That scheme really complements the Stuka's just-kinda-off look perfectly. I think I need to pick one of these up in 1/72 and put that camo and IDF roundels on it.

Jon

cthulhu77

Thanks!  You can't go wrong with the Fujimi 72nd scale stukas...they are really, really well engineered!

Brian da Basher

Wow those decals are the icing on the cake! My hat's off to you on one of the best Stukas I've ever seen!

Brian da Basher

Sisko

Gotta love the brutal ugliness of the Stuka.

And this one is beautfully done :wub:

You would have to be the Paint Master!!!!

I mean between your stuka and the hind in the other thread your skill is something to inspire to.

Keep em comin!

Get this Cheese to sick bay!

matrixone

cthulhu77,

I almost missed your post, that is a great looking Stuka and a really nice paint job on it.

Matrixone

cthulhu77

Thanks!  Here's another pic with better lighting:

lancer

That is fantastic...gotta be the brst Stuka I have ever seen.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

John Howling Mouse

You sure have The Knack, dontcha?
Nice, clean work.

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

cthulhu77

QuoteYou sure have The Knack, dontcha?
Nice, clean work.

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:
Yep, all of their cd's ! LOL...
         Thanks...it sure was a fun build, and taught me to love a heretofore unliked aircraft.

Isn't education wonderful?  

BlackOps

Alright! just for that your next build's nose art has to say "My Sharona"   :P

Nice build!  :)

Jeff G.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

AeroplaneDriver

I've seen Stukas before that I considered "beautiful builds" meaning, ugly-donkey aircraft, but nice job building it, but yours is the first Stuka I've seen that I would just call "beautiful".
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

cthulhu77

Wow !  Thanks even more, everyone !  It sure has been a fun year of modeling, and I would have to say the best part was running into this crowd here...you all are great group, and consider yourself toasted ! (rum and eggnog tonight)
         greg